New way to preserve food for long periods of time

To developers

The November update provided a way to dry food to eliminate expiration dates. I think this idea is very wonderful. I think it would be more diverse and interesting if player could also use the existing resource of salt for long-term preservation. Salting is a food preservation method used by humans from ancient times to modern times.

Salting (food)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salting_(food)

Players can use two methods depending on the situation.

★Salted
・Target: All animal meat(fish too)
・Required: salt
・Expiration date: 1.5 times
・Details: When the player clicks on meat and clicks on salting, Duplicant will bring salt, salt it and store it in the refrigerator. salt water or concentrated salt water cannot be used because it contains water. The key point is that this method is more primitive than dehydration, so no equipment is required. It will be especially useful early in the game. However, cooking skills are required.

★Dehydration and drying (as announced by the developer)
・Target: Cooked food
・Required: 2 new equipment
・Expiration date: Unlimited

Just as there are multiple ways to produce oxygen, having multiple ways to create food that can be stored for a long time creates a variety of ways to play.

salt.jpg.93d9077f49eeaf104b2a7fa121c86aeb.jpg

To non-developers (perhaps a player)

I welcome your constructive ideas along the topic that would like to share with developers.

This is a suggestion forum, not a mod forum, so If you would like to provide someone with "just the mod information" related to this suggestion, I recommend you to post on the Mods and Tools forum.

Archived