Decor-related difficulty option

Currently the depth of the decor system is somewhat blunted by the high decor values of metal tiles and carpet tiles. Similar to how the morale and stress difficulty options add a lot of gameplay depth, I think a decor-related option would add a lot to the game.

It could be as simple as increasing the max decor needed for full morale from 120 to 240 at the highest setting.

Since decor affects only morale, I don't think it requires separate difficulty level - you can just use morale difficulty for it, effect will be similar.

If that's not enough for you, you might check Steam Workshop for some decor-related mods, AFAIR there was "Decor Reimagined" that changed rules for decor, making it slightly more difficult

Decor reimagined is great but a bit more feature-rich than what I was after. I was able to use “customize buildings” to adjust decor values of different tiles. Not sure whether my changes will be more fun, but we’ll see.

Honestly the more I mess with balancing the more I appreciate how great vanilla really is. Though with 2500 hours under my belt I really love how much I can tweak to keep things fresh :)

Archived