Bring back the idle dupe notification

As of the most recent update, a notification no longer appears on the left to alert the user that there are idle dupes. An option to bring it back would be greatly appreciated.

I know that there's now an entry for idleness in the diagnostics list on the right. The problem with this is that the diagnostics list is planetoid-specific. Rather than being passively alerted to idleness, the player now has to actively click between all their planetoids to check for idle dupes. This is a major QoL downgrade.

Edit: One other disadvantage of putting it in the diagnostics list is that the player can no longer click the notification to jump to the location where the idle dupe is. They have to scroll through all their dupes to find the problem.

At least for me, the idle dupe notification is the #1 thing I want to be alerted of. Okay maybe #3 right after suffocating and scalding dupes. But I want to be alerted of idleness a whole lot more than I want to be alerted of "long commutes" or "building lacks resources," both of which have retained their elite position among the left-hand global alerts.

As far as I know, there is not yet a mod to reinstate the idle notification. If anyone knows of one, kindly post about it here, and thanks in advance.

Agreed, I get why it was removed, and in particular it should still be off-by-default in rockets. But I should be able to re-enable it per-planetoid.

If I've got two dupes on a planet and one of them walls themselves off from oxygen because they are not very bright, I need to know about it pretty quickly. :)

36 minutes ago, meekay said:

Agreed, I get why it was removed, and in particular it should still be off-by-default in rockets. But I should be able to re-enable it per-planetoid.

If I've got two dupes on a planet and one of them walls themselves off from oxygen because they are not very bright, I need to know about it pretty quickly. :)

Yeah, poor meep built himself into a 2 high wall gap with a hydrogen pocket. Never had a chance.

42 minutes ago, meekay said:

Planetoid-specific idle notification settings would be fantastic.

How can we ask to fix it? On long journeys it is not useful to know all the time but if someone is idle somewhere it could be a warning that they are stuck. And the way it works for me, it doesn't notify me with a red beep when I set it to notify in the same way as choking (by Translator)

Archived