Transferring ROT and ANR content to a single DS as DLC.

On 10/29/2023 at 1:42 AM, Sanitar said:

How much is this possible and is it profitable for developers?Obviously, it is possible and it is profitable. But do developers want to migrate DLC's when they are busy updating DST? I'm not sure about that.

I would buy them

Obviously, it is possible and it is profitable. But do Klei want to migrate DLC's when they are busy updating DST? I'm not sure about that.

It is possible that Klei will return to DS when they finish or are close to completing the DST update. The game has been updated for 7 years.

I think the DST will be updated for 3-8 years at most.
Although it seems to me that in 3 years we will already see what Charlie wanted to achieve and what the confrontation of Shadows and the Moon will result in.

I would love to buy these DLC. Especially ANR. Cave content is something that is very necessary for the game. Atrium and Ancient Fuelweaver is one of the best exclusive DST content.

Although I would have bought RoT and From Beyond too.

I would like to see how Klei balance the unique DST content. The Lazy Deserter, where and how new biomes will appear, how many resources there will be, the number of items from bosses and their HP.

If there is a squad of DS players who are waiting for DST content, then I am among them.

On 10/30/2023 at 12:12 AM, oCrapaCreeper said:

the bulk of the new DST content just doesn't fit original Don't Starve and its singleplayer content.

What do you mean by that ? Examples ?

On 10/30/2023 at 12:12 AM, oCrapaCreeper said:

We got some of the features and changes that make more sense already ported to DS, but the rest I'm not sure.

QoL is still not DLC's. DS lacks variety and late-game content

Yes, some oceanic content does not quite fit into the atmosphere of the gloomy Don't Starve, although all 3 DLC also do not meet the atmosphere of the original game. So why not?

While I am also a huge fan of the original Don’t Stave, sadly, there will be no more content.  Developers have stated in multiple posts that the QoL 2023 update was intended as the final update to fix bugs that have existed since the game was created. No more DLC’s. However, there are multiple Workshop mods which many use that import DST elements into the game. 

On 12.11.2023 at 00:01, Evan7 said:

Хотя я также большой поклонник оригинальной Don't Stave, к сожалению, контента больше не будет. Разработчики заявляли в нескольких сообщениях, что обновление QoL 2023 задумывалось как окончательное обновление для исправления ошибок, существовавших с момента создания игры. Больше никаких DLC. Тем не менее, существует множество модов Workshop, которые многие используют для импорта элементов DST в игру.

These words are so broken and unfinished...No DST player has ever seen such horror. 
And they didn't fix some of the bugs and issue that DST fixed in 2016 lol.

Klei was not told that there would never be updates or DLC's again. They just said they hoped it was the last major update and they don't expect an announcement of updates in the near future.
But there was no word that there would be no more DLC's and that there would be no updates either.

Don't deprive yourself and others of hope.
Let's wait first when Klei finishes updating the DST. Then we'll see.

And then maybe we get new DLC's or a new FULL-FLEDGED solo DS game.

Maybe Don't Starve 2 XD

( Together it's multiplayer. We need true ALONE Don't Starve 2 )

I’m just simply restating what developers have said. I’m not trying to ruin anyone’s hopes. I’m just stating facts. The stand-alone single-player Don't Starve is complete. 

You can reread any recent post by @DiogoW saying they are basically finished with the game and focusing on other projects and DST content.

Also, pretty shady to make fun of what I wrote when it's more likely your translation software. 

19 hours ago, Evan7 said:

I’m just simply restating what developers have said. I’m not trying to ruin anyone’s hopes. I’m just stating facts. The stand-alone single-player Don't Starve is complete. 

You can reread any recent post by @DiogoW saying they are basically finished with the game and focusing on other projects and DST content.

Also, pretty shady to make fun of what I wrote when it's more likely your translation software. 

No posts said that they would NEVER update or make DLC's for DS again.

Firstly, they will return to it sooner or later, because it is impossible to update the DST forever.  And their ideas on how to expand the DST and promote the plot come to an end. We are already close to the denouement of the plot of Charlie and the shadow creatures.

Secondly, Don't Starve is their most important franchise. They will eventually or will start porting Shipwrecked and Hamlet in DST or And, Root, FB and other Together DLC's for DS.
This is easy money and no one will be averse to Klei's actions.

DS and DST have huge potential. They can develop the world of Hamlet and Shipwrecked in DST for another 20 years.
And develop DS. LoL.

Maybe there will be a third game from Klei. But why make a new game if 2 old ones bring money, they have a lot to develop.
Moreover, the potential of DS is many times greater than in DST.

DS will be engaged. Not in the near future, but when Klei will complete the development of DST RoG world. And I think it will be in 4-5 years.

Archived