What is the internal logic of Crystal Deerclops frenzy mode?

In the last update Crystal Deerclops had gained a new behavior pattern "Frenzy" after recovering from being staggered. Here is the change:

When recovered from being staggered, the Ice Lance in her eye will no longer be restored. She instead goes into Frenzy mode which lasts for at most 24 seconds. In Frenzy mode:

* Melee attack strike 2~3 times in a row.

* No longer summons icy ground beneath her feet.

* Cannot be staggered again.

When in Frenzy mode, if she receive more than 1200 damage, the Frenzy mode is shortened from 24s to 12s.

When set on fire, the Ice Lance on her back burns, forcing she to throw it away no matter whether the target is in Ice Lance's range (1.5~3.5 turfs). 

The Ice Lance on her eye will only be restored once Frenzy mode ends, when she summons icy ground again.

So here's my question: Why she can be staggered faster after receiving a large amount of damage, to be ready for being staggered again and receive even more damage? And if I don't wish to fight against Frenzied Deerclops, I can simply wait for 12s more. This strategy will make her Frenzy mode mostly useless and only add some kiting time.

8 hours ago, Fufuji said:

In the last update Crystal Deerclops had gained a new behavior pattern "Frenzy" after recovering from being staggered. Here is the change:

When recovered from being staggered, the Ice Lance in her eye will no longer be restored. She instead goes into Frenzy mode which lasts for at most 24 seconds. In Frenzy mode:

* Melee attack strike 2~3 times in a row.

* No longer summons icy ground beneath her feet.

* Cannot be staggered again.

When in Frenzy mode, if she receive more than 1200 damage, the Frenzy mode is shortened from 24s to 12s.

When set on fire, the Ice Lance on her back burns, forcing she to throw it away no matter whether the target is in Ice Lance's range (1.5~3.5 turfs). 

The Ice Lance on her eye will only be restored once Frenzy mode ends, when she summons icy ground again.

So here's my question: Why she can be staggered faster after receiving a large amount of damage, to be ready for being staggered again and receive even more damage? And if I don't wish to fight against Frenzied Deerclops, I can simply wait for 12s more. This strategy will make her Frenzy mode mostly useless and only add some kiting time.

I don't see the problem you are trying to explain. The fast kiting makes it more tense which i like.

5 minutes ago, Jakepeng99 said:

I don't see the problem you are trying to explain. The fast kiting makes it more tense which i like.

I mean if I just walk away from Crystal Deerclops and wait for 24 seconds to let her grow the Ice Lance on her eye, the battle will have literally no difference form what's before this patch. And unfortunately this is the most safe way to kill Crystal Deerclops, and also not THAT time-wasting. This makes me upset because Frenzy mechanic will be wasted, it is too easy for players to "retreat" from her "punishment" for knocking her out and deal a large amount of damage.

As for the fact that she recovers quicker when she takes more damage, I still don't get what this is designed for. 

Just now, Fufuji said:

I mean if I just walk away from Crystal Deerclops and wait for 24 seconds to let her grow the Ice Lance on her eye, the battle will have literally no difference form what's before this patch. And unfortunately this is the most safe way to kill Crystal Deerclops, and also not THAT time-wasting. This makes me upset because Frenzy mechanic will be wasted, it is too easy for players to "retreat" from her "punishment" for knocking her out and deal a large amount of damage.

As for the fact that she recovers quicker when she takes more damage, I still don't get what this is designed for. 

Fair, she should tire out from attacking enough, and maybe gain a secondary attack which makes running away from her much harder and require much tougher dodging.

Archived