Final two Suggestions and feedback for the beta

The beta looks almost perfect, almost every problem has been squashed, all the new items are neat with goid purpouse, bearger looks much better. Ect ect.

However there are two final problems that i would like to highlight.

The Warbis buffs in the last patch (seen below) fix one issue, but not the main issue which is what makes it unusable to most people besides Wanda players with no planar damage. Currently, the Warbis helm is useless against every single planar enemy and with every single planar weapon due to lack of planar damage.

- for refrance the brightshade helm which is significantlt easier to obtain does mors damage with the brightshade sword even without the need to charge up. The weapon's +20% damage should apply to planar damage aswell to fix this. Nothing else would really be needed.

Screenshot_20231012-180538_Ecosia.thumb.jpg.44b8abb96e84bc4a1713ee48409f21e7.jpg

Finally the sawhorse. The resting horror change is good by itself, and does make obtaining the sawhorse much easier.

But, would it not be better to allow pearl to sell the sawhorse for bottles instead? A friend of mine said they liked that builders had something to look forward too which is a very good point and i agree with them, but it would be better if pearl gave new varients of furniture for builders to look forward too by the old relic chair method as a replacement? Which in contrast with the wooden furniture would feel better (not demanding it, just an idea). Other than that, everything else in the beta is perfect so i appreciate it alot.;)

Warbis makes thulecite club do similar damage or more including the shadow tentacle damage with the same durability and it has an innate 10% speed boost attached to it. This is a perfect combo for console users or pc users that cant be arsed switching to a walking cane every 2 secs.

Meaning for non-planar bosses warbis plus thulecite club is 100%, a better choice for bosses like misery toadstool. 

Planar enemies are still few and far between. So characters like Wanda arnt even nerfed much at all.

Sounds like you will be only fighting planar mobs going forward which isnt true. You telling me you will never refight non-planar bosses?

I think it depends on the kind of player you are, bc once youre at the point you can get Warbis armor, you already have the crown, and some kind of sanity food maker (honey, farm plot veggies, shrooms, kelp, etc etc...)

And the crown is just so much better then a 20% dps increase. Yeah warbis gives speed. Unessesary, as ive beaten the game multiple times without it. (And you need to beat cc to even get it anyways) I really dont see much point to this armor aside from not wanting to switch cane/weapon, which isnt even that dificult on controller, just annoying

I definetly agree it needs a buff. I dont know about an attack buff, but it does need something if they want me to consider using it

i dlnt care it not having plannar damage, can be a good late game helmet to farm non planar bosses what i dont get is why is a damage buff based on percentage instead of being a flat damage boost. The way damage boost are applied is what started these planar shenanigans in the first place (the same should have been done with volt goat jelly when was released)

being flat makes it interesting for low damage weapons and characters while beint percentage only shines in the characters that already shine at combat. For that CC crown is cool and thulecite club is good for wes and wendy

i like the suggestion if it displaying target HP, you are analysing the enemy's weaknesses so it would make sense

2 hours ago, Gashzer said:

Warbis makes thulecite club do similar damage or more including the shadow tentacle damage with the same durability and it has an innate 10% speed boost attached to it. This is a perfect combo for console users or pc users that cant be arsed switching to a walking cane every 2 secs.

Meaning for non-planar bosses warbis plus thulecite club is 100%, a better choice for bosses like misery toadstool. 

Planar enemies are still few and far between. So characters like Wanda arnt even nerfed much at all.

Sounds like you will be only fighting planar mobs going forward which isnt true. You telling me you will never refight non-planar bosses?

why using weapon that isnt top damage with a helmet which buff is higher the higher you damage is? you get more dps with warbis helmet+dark sword and for speed you can use magi or warbis armor, there is no need for extra speed in most scenarios...

3 hours ago, Brago-sama said:

I think it depends on the kind of player you are, bc once youre at the point you can get Warbis armor, you already have the crown, and some kind of sanity food maker (honey, farm plot veggies, shrooms, kelp, etc etc...)

And the crown is just so much better then a 20% dps increase. Yeah warbis gives speed. Unessesary, as ive beaten the game multiple times without it. (And you need to beat cc to even get it anyways) I really dont see much point to this armor aside from not wanting to switch cane/weapon, which isnt even that dificult on controller, just annoying

I definetly agree it needs a buff. I dont know about an attack buff, but it does need something if they want me to consider using it

Gestalts from the crown tend to miss sometimes plus if Warbis helm removes the need to farm any sort of sanity for increased damage. Then that is a massive win for the warbis. This saves so much time and allows you to scale back in prep which is what late game items should do, they should make life more convenient. 

Was just playing dst on switch with my fiancee 5mins ago and i can tell you now switching between weapons and cane is not worth the annoyance. I would rather kite bosses wearing a marble suit and a ice cube hat no joke.

2 hours ago, arubaro said:

why using weapon that isnt top damage with a helmet which buff is higher the higher you damage is? you get more dps with warbis helmet+dark sword and for speed you can use magi or warbis armor, there is no need for extra speed in most scenarios...

Dark sword drains sanity leading to the possibility of needing to farm sanity foods for boss fights. This downside supercedes the extra dps. Shield of terror for normal mobs and thulecite club for bosses is the way to go. Tbh what else are you going to spend your thulecite on now that thulecite armour has been outclassed at this late stage of the game?

2 hours ago, arubaro said:

I like the suggestion if it displaying target HP, you are analysing the enemy's weaknesses so it would make sense

Pretty cool idea, i would want it to be a hp bar of sorts without any numbers involved however, that fits the old timey feel of wagstaffs tech.

1 hour ago, Gashzer said:

Gestalts from the crown tend to miss sometimes

the crown is good in the same fights were the thulecite club doesn't suck. Actually the crown is useful in more scenarios since, for some reason, klaus spells target the tentacles and mess up BQ's drones behaviour

i rather use dark sword or glass cutter to get top dps without annoyances plus way less costly (3 living logs for such mediocre weapon is a scam)

Tbh what else are you going to spend your thulecite on now that thulecite armour has been outclassed at this late stage of the game?

armor for non planar fights and thousands of walls for megabasing. Why i would craft thulecite clubs if the new planar weapons are cheaper and have higher dps in base damage characters?

14 hours ago, Gashzer said:

That is so niche and specific though for something which is gotten post riff... and this thing costs enlightened shards and requires lots of grinding for scrap. This is significantky harder to obtain than any brightshade armour. Why this armour should only be useful against non planar enemies with non planar weapons despite the armour having planar defence? People have been wanting side grade alternative armour to brightshade and stuff and this is not it, its a downgrade and i assure you people would rather use the new planar equipment since they are easy to amass, and the repaid kits are really good qol, they are good against all enemys.

13 hours ago, Brago-sama said:

The body armour is good, though it does not need the headpiece to work.

2 hours ago, Jakepeng99 said:

That is so niche and specific though for something which is gotten post riff... and this thing costs enlightened shards and requires lots of grinding for scrap. This is significantky harder to obtain than any brightshade armour. Why this armour should only be useful against non planar enemies with non planar weapons despite the armour having planar defence? People have been wanting side grade alternative armour to brightshade and stuff and this is not it, its a downgrade and i assure you people would rather use the new planar equipment since they are easy to amass, and the repaid kits are really good qol, they are good against all enemys.

Yeah true the initial cost of the warbis is high i agree. But it allows alot of non-planar weapons to remain somewhat competitive with brightshade sword. Hambat, morning star and thulecite club all become viable alternatives again. The fact it has planar defence means you can use the warbis body armour with the brightshade helm / void cowl or vice versa. Klei stated before they want people to be able to mix an match the late game armours.

If the warbis boosted planar weapons at all it would become the only head armour anyone would need.

Warbis has repair kits too.

The hp health bar idea sounds like a nice buff to the warbis head piece, and to buff the warbis body armour give it the ability to show the damage range of an mob as it attacks allowing you to know how far to kite.

55 minutes ago, Gashzer said:

Yeah true the initial cost of the warbis is high i agree. But it allows alot of non-planar weapons to remain somewhat competitive with brightshade sword. Hambat, morning star and thulecite club all become viable alternatives again. The fact it has planar defence means you can use the warbis body armour with the brightshade helm / void cowl or vice versa. Klei stated before they want people to be able to mix an match the late game armours.

If the warbis boosted planar weapons at all it would become the only head armour anyone would need.

Warbis has repair kits too.

The hp health bar idea sounds like a nice buff to the warbis head piece, and to buff the warbis body armour give it the ability to show the damage range of an mob as it attacks allowing you to know how far to kite.

The non-planar weapons offer nothing unique that you would miss i dont see why we would want to do so. Only difference is efficency. Only weapons with something different is the thulicite club, the shield of terror, and the whip.

Plus, the warbis head requires that long 20 seconds charge up for the max 20% damage increase, many people would still wear the brightshade helm instead of it boosted planar damage since the brightshade helm has no need for cooldown, grants extra protection against lunar mobs, and buffs the brightshade staff alongside other various benifits such as working as a desert goggles. The headpiece excels against long single target fights, the brightshade helm for everything else. It is a sidegrade.

But it allows alot of non-planar weapons to remain somewhat competitive with brightshade sword.

The non planar weapons do less damage towards planar enemies no matter what, when compared to the sword with the brightshade helm.

3 hours ago, Jakepeng99 said:

The non-planar weapons offer nothing unique that you would miss i dont see why we would want to do so. Only difference is efficency. Only weapons with something different is the thulicite club, the shield of terror, and the whip.

Morning star is one of the most unique weapons in the game and the only other weapons that could rival it would be the shadow reaper or the shield of terror not even the brightshade sword. So this statement is wrong.

Plus, the warbis head requires that long 20 seconds charge up for the max 20% damage increase, many people would still wear the brightshade helm instead of it boosted planar damage since the brightshade helm has no need for cooldown, grants extra protection against lunar mobs, and buffs the brightshade staff alongside other various benifits such as working as a desert goggles. The headpiece excels against long single target fights, the brightshade helm for everything else. It is a sidegrade.

Exactly! The warbis needs more side perks not planar damage. Lets give the warbis helm the ability to see mob health at max charge only. And the warbis armour with ability to see attack range of mobs at max charge. These unique buffs would separate the warbis alot more from the brightshade armour.

The non planar weapons do less damage towards planar enemies no matter what, when compared to the sword with the brightshade helm.

Well ofc this is exactly the way it should be! Out of the total number of mobs in the game tell me the percentage amount of planar mobs compared to the percentage amount of non-planar mobs. The warbis armour has loads of use as it is atm especially for console players.

45 minutes ago, Gashzer said:

Morning star is one of the most unique weapons in the game and the only other weapons that could rival it would be the shadow reaper or the shield of terror not even the brightshade sword. So this statement is wrong.

Brightshade does end up doing the exact same as the sword at max damage, but the morning star alone does not make this wrong, it is a rarely used thing.

Another idea thiugh i saw someone have was replace the the warbis helm with a flat planar damage increase. That would help all weapons equally.

47 minutes ago, Gashzer said:

Well ofc this is exactly the way it should be! Out of the total number of mobs in the game tell me the percentage amount of planar mobs compared to the percentage amount of non-planar mobs. The warbis armour has loads of use as it is atm especially for console players.

Edited 42 minutes ago by Gashzer

Yeah but i dont see why not make it both worthwhile on regular, and planar weapons.

7 minutes ago, Jakepeng99 said:

Brightshade does end up doing the exact same as the sword at max damage, but the morning star alone does not make this wrong, it is a rarely used thing.

Then maybe the priority should be to buff the morning star instead of warbis :wilsoalmostangelic:

7 minutes ago, Jakepeng99 said:

Another idea thiugh i saw someone have was replace the the warbis helm with a flat planar damage increase. That would help all weapons equally.

This is just not an intelligent idea at all. Lets say the warbis does a flat 20 planar buff to all weapons at max charge. Walter with pebble rounds now does 37 damage. His gold rounds now do 54 damage and his marble rounds now do 71 damage. I could literally solo bosses using pebble rounds hahaha 

Do you see how dumb flat damage increases are?

Edit: a regular axe does a whopping 47 damage. Who the hell needs dark swords??

2 minutes ago, Gashzer said:

Do you see how dumb flat damage increases are?

Edit: a regular axe does a whopping 47 damage. Who the hell needs dark swords??

the Warbis has the 20 second charge up and only works single target, i dont think it would be that bad but i see what you try to mean. However, 86 damage darksword is much more than 47 damage axe which does not pass the damage threshold either. Going by your logic, wigfrids battle spear is the best weapon in the game since it is the most efficent.

A flat damage bonus would help weaker damage weapons like the shield of terror have viability late game.

6 minutes ago, Jakepeng99 said:

the Warbis has the 20 second charge up and only works single target, i dont think it would be that bad but i see what you try to mean. However, 86 damage darksword is much more than 47 damage axe which does not pass the damage threshold either. Going by your logic, wigfrids battle spear is the best weapon in the game since it is the most efficent.

A flat damage bonus would help weaker damage weapons like the shield of terror have viability late game.

Whats the point adding planar weapons if they get replaced by non-planar weapons? We should respect the weapon tier system in DST, cheap to mass produce gold rounds shouldnt become as strong as thulecite or marble rounds for example.

Warbis helm's percentage-based damage boost respects weapon tiers. Flat damage increases do not.

cheap to mass produce gold rounds shouldnt become as strong as thulecite or marble rounds for example.

You can already achieve that with damage modifiers, marble and thuli rounds grow stronger aswell. Also gold rounds certainly are not cheap.

warbis armor is probs meant for chars like Wigfrid and Wolfgang I dunno, given they have higher damage than anyone else and it would further boost this damage unlike planar gear (except for Wolfgang I suppose), even then it's not completely useless since you can mix and match whatever you need, like bright helm and warbis body armor.

16 hours ago, CuteC said:

warbis armor is probs meant for chars like Wigfrid and Wolfgang I dunno, given they have higher damage than anyone else and it would further boost this damage unlike planar gear (except for Wolfgang I suppose), even then it's not completely useless since you can mix and match whatever you need, like bright helm and warbis body armor.

They will very likely give them planar damage anyway which will counteract this. Also planar defense makes the physical damage buff really small.

Archived