Idea: Gestalts corrupting ponds

We have those lunar frogs and they look really pretty, but they only spawn in frog rain specifically.

What if every so often, gestalts could corrupt a few ponds for a few days and the lunar frogs will spawn from them instead? It seems cool.

There could be a few other things like corrupted fish that you could fish up from said ponds. 

I myself wanted to write about the fact that we will see Bright-Eyed Frogs very rarely  so I wanted to suggest that they could appear at ponds during faults. But you beat me to it)

I have a few more ideas, when the lunar rift is on the map, they could sometimes jump out of the water, as Pengull does, so that there is a surprise effect

3 hours ago, Jakepeng99 said:

What if every so often, gestalts could corrupt a few ponds for a few days and the lunar frogs will spawn from them instead? It seems cool.

I liked the idea that gestalts would Infect ponds, it would be something like a late-game pond with a Bright-Eyed Frog and a new mutant fish , From which Raw Fish is obtained (a large piece).

I tried to show how it would look in the game:

5 minutes ago, Creatorofswamps said:

I liked the idea that gestalts would Infect ponds, it would be something like a late-game pond with a Bright-Eyed Frog and a new mutant fish , From which Raw Fish is obtained (a large piece).

I tried to show how it would look in the game:

Yup exactly what i was thinking lol, suprisingly accurate to how i imagined it.

Everyone also has been wanting new ways to get infused moon glass, so maybe the mutant fish could drop some, or the frogs could eat regular moonglass to poop it out and infuse it, Or let us mine the ponds for some

Or do all at once. Though they could make another way. Should be some way to collect the infused glass from hail

17 hours ago, Creatorofswamps said:

I myself wanted to write about the fact that we will see Bright-Eyed Frogs very rarely  so I wanted to suggest that they could appear at ponds during faults. But you beat me to it)

I have a few more ideas, when the lunar rift is on the map, they could sometimes jump out of the water, as Pengull does, so that there is a surprise effect

Post rifts, Lunar pengulls should have a chance to pop out on the mainland in place of regular ones.

3 hours ago, SpookyXy said:

Post rifts, Lunar pengulls should have a chance to pop out on the mainland in place of regular ones.

this already happens if you have activated the moonstorm event. If you spawn pengulls during a fullmoon, they'll be lunar pengulls.

1 hour ago, dzzydzzy said:

this already happens if you have activated the moonstorm event. If you spawn pengulls during a fullmoon, they'll be lunar pengulls.

I can back this up. Big jumpscare

It would be nice if some spawned post riff too since it is only during the moonstorm.

Archived