Make Scrap craftable with wires and gears.

On 9/29/2023 at 9:30 PM, Valase said:

Both just start to pile up as the world progresses both from tumbleweeds and from ruins clears. So I don't think that it is a good idea.

Yeah you kinda have an abundence of gears if you clear ruins but maybe if it was like 2 wires and 3-4 gears it would still be fair imo. Maybe a Winona skilltree exclusive craft like wilsons transmutation. Would make sense lore wise too considering Winona worked in Wagstaffs company. Would be really dumb gameplay wise just to give her 1 specific craft for an endgame armor but im just spitballing here.

6 hours ago, gamehun20 said:

The junk is still late game mind you it shouldn't be this easily crafted,

I am for the concept of having using wires and gears to create scrap just because of how time consuming getting the mats can be in it's current iteration.

The price of creating the scrap can easily be increased to a proper amount from OP's suggestion.

To the people who think this would be too easy i kind of get that, but in order to craft this armor completely from gears would mean you need a maximum of 64 gears and 48 frazzled wires on top of that you need 3 electrical doodads and an enlightened shard for each armor piece in its current state. Does that sound like an early game craft?

1 hour ago, gamehun20 said:

Here is one of my problems with this if you are able to craft the junk then after you get the blueprint there is no reason to ever go find the junk structures 

If you see wagstaff, you go for the junk and save a bunch of resources rather than using gears and wires.

1 hour ago, gamehun20 said:

Here is one of my problems with this if you are able to craft the junk then after you get the blueprint there is no reason to ever go find the junk structures 

That's assuming people have that 64 gears and 48 frazzled wires. You might but i never do, i usually only have like 15-20 gears and 3-2 frazzled wires if any cause i instantly turn them into gold.

1 hour ago, BalkanCockroach said:

That's assuming people have that 64 gears and 48 frazzled wires. You might but i never do, i usually only have like 15-20 gears and 3-2 frazzled wires if any cause i instantly turn them into gold.

I guess that's fair

Archived