How do you decide what is going to be on the next update Klei?

As the title says, How do you decide what is going to be on the next update Klei?

I feel like having a mod fix or improve any issue in the game is a sentence for you to never look that way again (it took you way too long and a lot of begging for you to include the pliers into the game for instance).

Yet you bring up a lot of new stuff, that i really appreciate mind you, but it is like failing to knowledge that there are still issues in the game since day one that need revision.

And i am not talking about new content, simple UI fixes/improvements is something you could be adding on each update (I still need to use a mod for the useless "Long commutes" notification and the version watermark).

Now if we talk about the QoL enhances that the game needs, and i mean removing the unnecessary annoyances from the game that don't contribute in any meaningful way to the gameplay. There is a lot more that can be added without changing drastically the overall feel about the game (like being able to automate a production line without having a dupe in the way by preventing it from delivering something manually).

So i will ask again, How do you decide what is going to be on the next update? where do you get your suggestions Klei? Do you take into account anything we say here in the forums, or gets published in the workshop, or do you watch a streamer/youtuber? because i feel like you only do whatever you can with the limited resources you have, and somehow i dread your efforts will suddenly end one day.

I can't stress enough how much of a of a joy it is for you to keep supporting the game, i ran out of friends to give away this game, (unfortunately it is not their cup of tea for most of them), but i will continue to support you in any way i can.

Archived