probelm when adding mods to a dedicated server

I have put modoverride.lua into Master and Cave (Copied from the local Cluster_1, the server Cluster_1 is a simple copy of the local Cluster_1)

I have added “ServerModSetup("")”s in the file dontstarvetogether_dedicated_server/mods/dontstarvetogether_dedicated_server/mods (But it seems that only one mod file is downloaded here)

image.thumb.png.f5f0cb221c1f5b6e3568350c5e85bd89.png

And it still has no mod:

image.thumb.png.5672b2fc184435fadf4af20338807963.png

I open those:

image.thumb.png.93039bc8c13ef81a627311271fa59b6d.png

How could I solve this problem?

ToT

having a similar issues., i can get the backend to download the mods, but they wont enable. maybe compare yours and mine and see if anything stands out; maybe someone will see this and help us both??

dedicated_server_mods_setup LUA:

Spoiler

--There are two functions that will install mods, ServerModSetup and ServerModCollectionSetup. Put the calls to the functions in this file and they will be executed on boot.

--ServerModSetup takes a string of a specific mod's Workshop id. It will download and install the mod to your mod directory on boot.
    --The Workshop id can be found at the end of the url to the mod's Workshop page.
    --ServerModSetup("350811795")

ServerModSetup("workshop-1207269058") --Health Info
    ServerModSetup("workshop-378160973") --GlobalPositionsIcon
    ServerModSetup("workshop-959771965") --Mandrake Respawn
    ServerModSetup("workshop-786556008") --45 Inventory Slots

--ServerModCollectionSetup takes a string of a specific mod's Workshop id. It will download all the mods in the collection and install them to the mod directory on boot.
    --The Workshop id can be found at the end of the url to the collection's Workshop page.
    --ServerModCollectionSetup("379114180")

and the modoverrides LUA:

Spoiler
return {
  ["workshop-375859599"]={
    configuration_options={
      divider=5,
      random_health_value=0,
      random_range=0,
      send_unknwon_prefabs=false,
      show_type=0,
      unknwon_prefabs=1,
      use_blacklist=true
    },
    enabled=true
  },
  ["workshop-378160973"]={
    configuration_options={
      ENABLEPINGS=true,
      FIREOPTIONS=1,
      OVERRIDEMODE=false,
      SHAREMINIMAPPROGRESS=true,
      SHOWFIREICONS=true,
      SHOWPLAYERICONS=true,
      SHOWPLAYERSOPTIONS=3
    },
    enabled=true
  },
  ["workshop-786556008"]={
    configuration_options={ ENABLEBACKPACK=false, EXTRASLOT=0, INVENTORYSIZE=45 },
    enabled=true
  },
  ["workshop-959771965"]={ configuration_options={ dist=20 }, enabled=true }

I am baffled that all of the guides out there now, are just flat wrong.  Something changed somewhere when they went to version 2 mods.  My server downloads the mods, but whatever I do I cannot get the dedicated server to recognize them.  (Version 1 mods still load just fine) At some point it would be nice if anyone who knows what changed would let us know.  The internet just has outdated information about the old way of doing things.  Found several posts that claim they changed nothing, but this cannot be the case.  It has something to do with the ugc_mods directory and the game not going through it properly to pick up the mods it downloaded.

The ONLY way I got it to work was manually copying the mods inside the UGS_mods folder over to the mods directory, renaming them workshop-122334, and then loading them.

I then removed them from the dedicated_server_mods_setup.lua because it would delete things.

When doing this the modoverrides.lua worked as I expected it to.

There must be a syntax difference on getting it to pick things up out of that folder, or something, because everything I tried outside of this, forcing mods to load etc. just caused it to fail to locate the mod files.  I tried changing the ugc directory and every last thing I could possibly think of.  It is nice that the server is designed to auto update your mods... but don't waste your time for now, just do it manually and create a script to copy things over should you wish something automated.

7 hours ago, Tekkra said:

all of the guides out there now, are just flat wrong

I'm absolutely sure that there's just something not working on your System, and a few other ones, since it's working just fine for me and apparently everyone else.

It could be for example some file permissions, or SElinux messing around (again).

Thank you for pointing out how you circumvented it in your case, so other people with the same issues can work their way around for now!

I am running on a windows server with steamCMD,. I can get it to download them, I know the config file is correct for the mods, because it is the same as the one created if I run the 2nd machine I play on. (And it loads them correctly if I put the files in the version 1 mod directory).  Just for whatever reason it must be looking in the wrong location to find the version 2 files it downloaded.  The only thing I did not try is to leave everything in the default location.  I specify the -persistent_storage_root location for the save files.  If I changed the location of the -ugc_directory with launch options, it will downlaod them in that location, but will still not activate them.  If I try to force enable them with ForceEnableMod("workshop-111111") it will throw an error and abort the launch - can't find mod.  If I put the config in modoverrides.lua it just passes by them unable to find them and launches the server with none of them activated.

Browsing the internet I am NOT the only person having this issue, and nowhere have I seen a solution to it.  I would love to know what seems to be different.  I am just baffled that the game itself downloads the mods, and then it can't find the mod it just downloaded.

Archived