Idea on how to move geysers and vents / POIs

I had an idea that perhaps you could fabricate a capsule with some premium space food inside, when you open the capsule it'd bait a giant burrowed creature to come and eat.  That creature could then once again burrow to become the vent/geyser once again, of course, checking the conditions required to establish itself.  Perhaps they are shy creatures that only eat when dupes aren't around, they can take the neutronium with them as they walk.
We've got creatures all over the game that are fun and interesting, this is in line with that, and offers a valid solution for the problem which is inconvenient geyser/vent placement.  

If you close off a vent to avoid contamination, or because you plan to tame it later, you'll be looking at a 6 x 6 square of unusable space.  Just a giant obstacle.  If they are too close to each other, which is often the case, you're looking at a huge area of the map that's completely unusable for anything practical.  I've currently got a stretch of the map that's completely unusable because of two geysers in close proximity to each other, taking 44 x 13 tiles.  That's 572 tiles that I can't use!
I've got another geyser right beside my spawner where I was planning to place my washrooms.  Now I've got to place my washrooms in a very inconvenient place which is going to reduce the efficiency of all my dupes.  This has been a problem in need of a solution for a long time.  I don't know of any better ideas. I'd like some thoughts and feedback though.  Thanks.

Oh, as for the other POIs, maybe you could dig them up and they'd snap off the grid into debris form, you could then click them and select "move" and they'd snap back onto the grid, as long as they have enough space / ground to do so, otherwise stay in debris form.

My advice to you is to choose Seed and search for the world you want to play in.
They once created a website called https://toolsnotincluded.net  Even though it sometimes gives errors, it works perfectly.

The idea of moving geysers and vents seems unnecessary to me. but for POIs example: From Traits; Duplicant Jorge's space capsule turns into a warehouse, and this warehouse is far from my base. extremely unnecessary.

1 hour ago, HagenAizen said:

My advice to you is to choose Seed and search for the world you want to play in.
They once created a website called https://toolsnotincluded.net  Even though it sometimes gives errors, it works perfectly.

The idea of moving geysers and vents seems unnecessary to me. but for POIs example: From Traits; Duplicant Jorge's space capsule turns into a warehouse, and this warehouse is far from my base. extremely unnecessary.

There are no seeds which have geysers / vents organized.
They are always scattered and random.  You can find some seeds with slightly more convenient placement, that is, if you know what you plan to do with your colony before you begin.
For people who plan as they go, they don't know if a geyser or vent might get in the way of their builds.
That's something they'll discover at cycle 500 or so.

Now, apparently people have already been removing POIs by melting them, and destroying the neutronium with radbolts.  Personally I think we need a more official way to either remove, move, or replace POIs.
Even if it takes 1,000 cycles to obtain the ability, it would be nice.

I found the Game Seed I wanted to play there, then turned on the debug mode in the game and looked directly at the entire map and other planets. Afterwards, I turned off the debug mode, created the same seed again and played normally. Currently 3100 cycles is my saved game that I have been playing for 3 months.

Archived