Horizontal movement using chained rocket platforms/loaders.

That's an interesting idea.  Haven't thought of trying something like that before.

I suppose you could use natural tiles to make these go through walls using the molten glass + pipe technique.

The question is "is a row of buildings less convenient than a row of pipes?"  Also, can we set it up so that dupes can still pass by it vertically.

3 hours ago, Zarquan said:

The question is "is a row of buildings less convenient than a row of pipes?  Also, can we set it up so that dupes can still pass by it vertically.

Well, this thing replaces dozens of pipes and rails and also have storage, sorting and centralized temperature control capabilities. I see a lot of applications. Dupes can pass platforms no problem. Transport tubes not so much.

10 hours ago, asurendra said:

Interesting idea. If I understand it right it works as instant teleportation? Can be useful with liquid oxygen/hydrogen setups... 

Or, on the other side of things, magma and liquid metals.

14 hours ago, furytale said:

Well, this thing replaces dozens of pipes and rails and also have storage, sorting and centralized temperature control capabilities. I see a lot of applications. Dupes can pass platforms no problem. Transport tubes not so much.

The fact that you can do multiple pipes and (more importantly) conveyor rails, gives this more promise.  I think I will have to try this at some point.

Archived