(Part 1 of BIG UPDATE) The Magic Only Challenge (Updated Sometimes)

This came from this post: Do you like Science or Magic more? - [Don't Starve Together] General Discussion - Klei Entertainment Forums

The rules:

Things that can't be explained by science is magic, therefore allowed.

only use magic items

Kill the final bosses.

Story required items are allowed, pic for unlocking caves, sus boulder for orb, pinch and winch.

exceptions when needed when there not story based.

I am using Wickerbottem as she does not need ingredients or a science machine to make 1st tier magic.

I can craft magic items from science items, but I can't make them myself, can use set pieces items in crafting, or loot chests like sunken chests (my savior)

I would love your tips!

(Be posting about every day depending on my mood, as this sub forum will have consistent activity for once)

So here's what i got so far: playing wickerbottem, as i said, for some other reasons too. The light book is Essential for this challenge, as the only light source other then it is the nightlight, which needs a shadow manipulator. So, I punched some spiders to death for silk, and punched the nests to death as i can't use silk for anything else anything else useful. made an axe to chop 16 logs, then threw the axe away, don't need it for any progression till a bit later. made a trap and since i could not make a shovel, did it the old fashion way, bait, did not feel like chasing them in.

Spoiler

1118058088_bunneytrap.PNG.ede7149c3abc4342cd8bdbd2db03813e.PNG

ran around, went into a cave with a required pickaxe, and got light bulbs for the book. was underground so i was safe from charlie for the night.

found pk near DF, based there, used the magma ponds for cooking as no campfires. placed down my 1st tier magic down. used the lightbook for this night, also found the moonstone.  explored some more, went into cave, and it led to the MUDDY BIOME, had to use the classic lightbulb feet strategy to find the opening across the chasm to the biome. The stars alighted and there was hutch, right there! took him, put light bulb in him, now I have some light. it was day 4 by then. decided to call it a day here.  decided this here as i thought it would fit more here then general discussion as I'm sure I'm going to die soon with my fists against the ruins. Forgot to mention found the grotto too from a dif hole. now to punch mushgnomes for living logs :wilson_resigned:

Spoiler

image.png.c0ac67c9da017efdae5a9c2bd0ed5cc6.pngimage.png.ebc95110125ae60ab2186a72ab5fb987.png

be updating soon! got busy in life, and my life is pain doing this challenge. going insane, dying to nightmares as i can't fight back, as hutch's light is very inconsistent as if  you're at the darkness threshold to lose tons of sanity, but if you're too careful. you go insane from the cave drain; this is a NIGHTMARE (not sorry) be updating when i got a weapon from the maze.

we have done it

image.thumb.png.99366dce8648298ff4513c2c8e025520.pngimage.png.3d538e95346892d79d1c6231b38e908b.png

The first weapon

this is how long i have been doing this!

this man clipped out! i just wanted him to ram some walls for fragments.

unfortunately, I died to terror Beaks and rolled back to when he was not stuck :(

got a couple of bat bats, low durability so i could not kill him anyway,

maze is pretty much done so on to the ruins gear!

EDIT, got a pic/axe from a last chest

EDIT: guess who died and have to do half the maze again? ARGHHHHHH WHY DO I SUBJECT MYSELF TO THIS

I get 1 glimmer of hope...

Archived