Electricity Content- "A Big Surge"

Electricity hasn't had much love since plug slugs...

I'd love if there was more balancing the need for all things to come into question, as the nature of the game is, 'I need x but I need to trade and optimize'. Currently wattage has no strategy, its just research better wires, hide heavy watt wire, avoid power draw with transformers, and upgrade to conductive if you have refined metal

Currently electricity the game: Boring could be better

"Wire" : 25 metal ore: 1000 Max power W, Décor -4.5 (Radius 1 tile); build tooltip shows -5 décor (fix)
"Heavy Watt Wire" : 100 Metal ore: 20 kW, Décor --22.5 Décor (Radius 6 tiles); build tooltip shows -25 (fix)
"Conductive Wire" 25 refined metal: max power 2kW, Décor 0, (radius 0)

I'd love to see another tier or two of wires and complexity to the fold adding diversity among the wires, so that early game wires are pretty bad, and there is a distinct desire to want to pivot throughout the game... similarly a skill for duplicants called ummm...isn't it obvious 'Electrician'

Similarly if we small fires to the game, and additional models for every item in the game to have a scorched look, it could add depth to keeping the base with proper wires. Now I'm not saying we need wholesale fire ) that could be good... but at least something other than, whoops overloading, wire damaged/break. 

Some minor tweaks that could be beta tested.

"Wire" : 25 metal ore: 850 Max power W, Décor -10 (Radius 2 tile); build time is slightly longer

*NEW* Grounded wire  (research farther ie power regulation/Internal Combustion) in research tree) 35 metal ore, 1200 Max power Décor -10 (Radius 1 tile); build time is slightly longer
"Heavy Watt Wire" : 100 Metal ore: 20 kW, Décor --22.5 Décor (Radius 6 tiles); build tooltip shows -25 (fix), can cause nearby items to get singed/burnt radius 1
"Conductive Wire" 25 refined metal: max power 2kW, Décor 0, (radius 0) required electrician skill to create/upgrade
*NEW* "Heavy Conductive Wire": 25 refined metal, 25 plastic,  5kW, or similar to mod(4kw?)., required electrician skill to create/upgrade, can build through wall, decor 0, radius 0

Add 2x wire bridge for each model as well as gas and ventilation bridges (2x bridges is a common mod anyway) 

We need more light options as well. neon lights (decor/mood lights), lava lamps, holiday themed lights (spooky pumpkin, Christmas, other holidays, UV germ killing, LED Lights + flood lights, (similar to 'Expanded lights mod)...

Much Love

We already have a heavy conductive wire which is the refined metal counterpart to the heavy watt wire and goes up to 50kW iirc.

But we could use another tier of wires that require plastic but i`d rather call them insulated wires.

With the new skin system we could get more reskins to the lights (we already have a few). Holiday themed could be comming soon. Anyway we got a germ killing light - the radlamp. But it wouldn`t hurt to get more types i think. I`d like to see a light sensor as well.

12 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

We already have a heavy conductive wire which is the refined metal counterpart to the heavy watt wire and goes up to 50kW iirc.

If the only major feature is that its a 'bigger' number, that's sorta my point. I'd like more variation in wire types, and usage. I'll say power generation can be a fun nut to crack, but that's where it stops. the wires and consumption are simple connectors

There are tons of options for modded features that I have a do use, but Klei could add so much more variability, without much effort. Even if they offered the same lux options as the current lights, but had different lux patterns, grid requirements, uses.

Thanks for your input and feedback! 

Archived