my game is a dead end

Hello

I am stuck in my game.

From my starting planetoid, I got to a second one without problem.

But the third planetoid is a moo planetoid without any source of oxygen and no metal.

So i cannot do anything on it. For having oxygen I need metal to do stuff, and I can send metal via orbital cargo module but i have no metal to do the payload opener.

And I have nowhere else to go.

Does I forgot something to do ?

8 minutes ago, montjoie said:

but i have no metal to do the payload opener

You can open payloads manually. You don't need a payload opener. You can send a rover first to round them up and then send a dupe down wearing an atmo suit to build a platform for a fully loaded with things rocket that will be that dupe's home for a while

How do you have nowhere else to go?

Explore more. Put a telescope in a rocket and fly around.

Although I've never seen a seed where the Moo world was the only one visible after fully using a telescope on both starting worlds, so I suspect you have more space-exploring to do from home as well...

On 7/22/2023 at 12:01 PM, Farsight said:

How do you have nowhere else to go?

Explore more. Put a telescope in a rocket and fly around.

Although I've never seen a seed where the Moo world was the only one visible after fully using a telescope on both starting worlds, so I suspect you have more space-exploring to do from home as well...

The 2 colonized planetoid already have telescope, I have nothing to go (except dead satellite and other impossible-to-create-a-base asteroid)

1 hour ago, montjoie said:

The 2 colonized planetoid already have telescope, I have nothing to go (except dead satellite and other impossible-to-create-a-base asteroid)

As I said, put a telescope in your rocket. Fly to empty space with a dupe that can use the telescope and you can reveal more of the map.

Build something weird! That's what late game is for. Once the colony is running itself and you have some better materials you can tame hot or cold things, or put big banks of liquid and gas to use. I dialed up an old colony where a bunch of oil and water had gotten exposed to magma heat and made a perversely big steam condenser. Big on my scale anyway, do not shame my creation :P

20230725151032_1.jpg

Archived