Bulbous Lightbugs cannot follow properly if Player's speed is so fast.

image.thumb.png.d9858bef05543fbece71f7c8e1024644.png

If the player's speed is so fast like riding a beefalo or wearing magiluminescence and cane on the road, the lightbugs cannot catch up the player properly. This makes the lightbugs hard to use in later mid-endgame. Why not just fix them around the player when they're befriended? They are already kinda weak due to their vulnerability to AoE damage, so what about buffing them a little (in a way which the lightbugs are always around the player regardless the player's speed) to let them acheive their main purpose - providing the light?

Bit of a hard disagree here, with caveats: every light source has it's downside. Miner hat and lantern take up slots or need to be dropped, while consuming fuel, and moggles not only takes up your head slot, but needs to be refueled often with a scarce ingredient, providing full screen visibility in return.

Lightbugs only take up an inventory space, you can easily carry 20+3, and only need to be fed with petals/ferns/the bodies of their fallen comrades (you monster!) every day to provide everlasting light. A pretty sweet deal, so counterbalancing it with their slow speed seems perfectly fine for me.

...however, Wormwood's summoned lightbugs? Now those really should move faster then light, the little guy deserves an infinite light perk if he's paying for it with his body anyway.

3 hours ago, DinsdaleP said:

Bit of a hard disagree here, with caveats: every light source has it's downside. Miner hat and lantern take up slots or need to be dropped, while consuming fuel, and moggles not only takes up your head slot, but needs to be refueled often with a scarce ingredient, providing full screen visibility in return.

Lightbugs only take up an inventory space, you can easily carry 20+3, and only need to be fed with petals/ferns/the bodies of their fallen comrades (you monster!) every day to provide everlasting light. A pretty sweet deal, so counterbalancing it with their slow speed seems perfectly fine for me.

...however, Wormwood's summoned lightbugs? Now those really should move faster then light, the little guy deserves an infinite light perk if he's paying for it with his body anyway.

I agree every light source has its downside. In this case the lightbug's downside is the vulnerability from AoE damage like I mentioned. But the fact that they can't catch up the player means the lightbugs cannot perform their role well as mobile light which seems to be a defect rather than a proper downside, so that's why I request for a proper enhancement.

Archived