Qestion: Should characters with a skilltree be better / more powerful than characters without one?

The main question is in the tiltle should chars with skills be better/ stronger/ more versetail or in any other form more capable than chars that haven´t gotten theirs yet?

I have read several topics if things should be nerfed or buffed or simply changed today and thought to myself, why are there so many comparisons to characters that will receive their skilltrees later?

As of now 4 characters have skilltrees 14 are still to come.

So if we drag the power of those 4 characters skilltrees down to the powerlevel of the 14 that will still come we can´t expect to get any buffs from them since then the "balance" that we achieved now would be skewed again and we´d need another round of buffs to the older skilltrees...

A certain amount of powercreep is expected as we get new content and even harder enemies or do we just want to nerf everything into the ground and just play as Wilson the "vanilla" character.

My own opinion after rereading those threads and the respective skilltrees again:

Wilson is just Wilson nothing out of the ordinary some decent transmutation recipes so he is slightly stronger with his skills.

Wolfgang is not talked about alot since he is and was the overpowered fightingchar. His skilltree basically has like 2 interesting skillcolumns and the rest just doesn´t do alot one is the 15% workcrit rate and the other is the dumbell thing that sadly doesnt effect his normal attacks with them so thats a miss for me but like i said it could all be an intentional "nerf" since he is still better in fights then all the other chars with or without extra skills... but some meaningful skills that are not just endgame damagebuffs would be much appreciated.

Wormwood has the best discussion around his skills on this forum since they mainly focus on changing skills instead of nerfing/buffing them to an exact balanced value.

He had his role as the plantmatterfactory before and got really nice buffs for that one and some of his skills will probably be it living logs, shrooms or veggies he can still print them and better and more diffrent things than before so large buff to his main playstyle.

Woodie is the most controversial of them all since the moose got a huge buff, but instead of nefing it to the ground maybe force Woodies to chose by making the alternatives he is missing out on better.

I still haven´t read anything about why the were goose flight is overpowered since it can basically fly straight into the atrium or why the tail bash is too strong since they seem to have too little of an impact on actual gameplay compared to the powerlevel of the actual combat form buff, but maybe they shoul have...

I don´t have anything concret in mind yet. what could have the desired effect, maybe removing the waterproof from goose and giving the beaver something better might do the trick, but thats why we as a hivemind are supporting KLEI in this endavor to make this patch a good one.

So MY answer to my original question is yes characters with skilltrees should be better than characters without one.

And the future skilltree updates should orient their powerlevel on the already buffed characters and not let the old ones drag them down even if it means Wanda players have to still wait for viable planar protection until it´s their turn...

And yes that means I am in favor of some power creep with this new kind of experience system and in favor of having even harder optional bosses/bossvariants.

So that´s all of my opinions please feel free to add yours.

Archived