Wolfgang beta skill tree feedback + suggestions

Chores branch
I like the idea of crit chance increase.
The name "Chore workout" suggests that we gain more mightiness from chores, yet we don't.
The whole branch consisting of three skills feels poor.
Suggestions
Dive deeper into chores and gathering - add perks for more mightiness from chores, for increased stack size for resources like stones and wood.
"Warm up" perk, which increases your temperature when you are chopping/mining.
I mean, there are a lot of options in chores, especially if you expect people to spec into this branch over the damage branches. For now, if i want to be a gatherer, i will pick Maxwell or the new Beaver Woodie without a second thought.

Training branch
Gym mastery - when i played Wolfgang for the first time after rework and used his gym, i felt that the mini-game is a bad idea. Skipping it kinda solves the problem.
Pushing the limits - great, but why do we need that?
Coaching - interesting idea, though i disagree with Wolfgang being a follower-based support character.
Leg day - nice, but it would be nicer if base Mighty Wolfgang had reduced speed, and this perk would fix it.
Dumbbell perks - honestly i have no idea how you came up with a strong-but-not-very-smart guy designing new dumbbells, added throwing them, and then added the elemental effects on top of that, which are even stronger than the magic crafts. If i didn't know it's official, i'd think it's some weird mod  :lol:
Suggestions
Make the gym minigame like the one with boat oars - intuitive and easy, and there will be no need to skip it. In my opinion the gym feels like you should be doing something, rather than just press Use and wait. It can also punish you for the failed minigame by dropping the barbell on yourself and taking a little bit of damage. But for all that the gym should give something really good.
"Pushing your limits" only in the mighty meter may not be enough. Why would i stay near the base to work out in a gym, when i should be smashing the ruins with dumbbells to back me up? I suggest that the gym also increases max health for considerable amount of time. It could increase damage, but Wolfgang has enough damage already.

I suggest replacing the Coaching perk with the Personal Trainer, which makes the gym available to other characters to gain a temporary max hp buff, but Wolfgang must be standing nearby and help lifting the barbell.
Follower-related perk can be gaining more sanity from followers, because it's less scary in company. I don't agree with ideas to make Normal or Wimpy the desirable states, i believe that Wolf is all about being and staying Mighty!.

Might branch
Mighty weapons - to me it feels like swinging a magic weapon harder should not increase its magic part, if you know what i mean. Also planar buffs should be in the affinity branches, shouldn't they?
Suggestions
Instead of 5 perks for planar damage i suggest adding various combat perks. More mightiness from combat, built-in armor, increased unarmed damage, damage reflection, and so on.
Add a perk which reduces Wolfgang's attack speed, but makes his hits AoE. Because it fits well, and Abigail being the only AoE kinda sux. This may also apply to mining and chopping.

Affinity perks
To me "guardian" and "strategist" are not what those perks do. And also, damage, damage, more damage. Any variety?
Suggestions
Let the shadow perks indeed be damage and put those Mighty weapons perks here. But maybe lunar could be about guarding - tanking, resistance, damage reflection.

I've updated the post. I would like to only include small suggestions, like i did with Wormwood's skill tree, but Wolfgang's tree looks Wimpy. And it should be Mighty! Lol, i'd like to see the skill tree in the shape of a flexing man. 

Here are my ideas for the full Wolfgang rework with some bigger changes.

6 minutes ago, Mortalbane said:

I hate to bump my own posts, but i think that Wolfgang's skill tree needs some love, and few people are talking about it.

I wish for Wolfgang to be able to coach in his mighty form too.

Imagine a giant musculine guy  (+ Wolfgangs charming personality) inspiring you during combat saying motivational stuff.

2 minutes ago, Dragonboooorn said:

I wish for Wolfgang to be able to coach in his mighty form too.

Imagine a giant musculine guy + Wolfgangs charming personality inspiring you during combat saying motivational stuff.

When i imagine it, i see this

Alex Louis Armstrong, the Strong Arm Alchemist | Fullmetal alchemist, Fullmetal  alchemist brotherhood, Alchemist

11 minutes ago, Dragonboooorn said:

ikr? Idk why Klei allowed Wolfgang to coach only in his normal form - this doesnt make any sense to me.

Apparently they wanted to give something for states other than Mighty. Which i don't agree with. The character has a single mechanic, why add skills that ignore it.

2 minutes ago, Mortalbane said:

Apparently they wanted to give something for states other than Mighty. Which i don't agree with. The character has a single mechanic, why add skills that ignore it.

Fair statement. Instead of "promoting" Wolfgangs main feature - mighty form - they kinda force you to stay in normal form 

One suggestion is to add the 10% mov speed when he overcaps the mightiness limit using the gym, that would make the gym perk useful and satisfying without being too broken because this can only be achieved by using the gym itself. Or any other buff that can only be obtained when his mightiness overcaps. 

Archived