Add Rice Plant to Oil Biome

Currently, the oil biome is the only biome without food-related plants. (Except those are intended to be completely barren, e.g. magma, space.) So I propose rice plant here to enrich the biome's contents. Rice plant bears multiple rice grains when mature, which in return function as the seeds.

Plant Behaviour:

Spoiler

Rice plant is a 2-tile-tall plant that naturally grows in oil biome. Its seeds can also be randomly buried in natural tiles in oil biome.
 It grows in high temperature (similar to slicksters) and partially submerged environment (similar to seaweeds). The bottom tile can be crude oil, petroleum or naphtha, while the top tile can be CO2, natural gas or sour gas. When domesticated, it needs to be irrigated with crude oil.
Similar to wheat plant, it yield 21 rice grains per harvest, and the growth is slow (20 cycles when domesticated). 

Grains and its Recipes:

Spoiler

The grains function as the plant's seeds, but must be processed to become edible. And since the plant grows in high temperature, I believe the grains' spoilage should not be affected by temperature, i.e. grains are always considered as deep-frozen. The surrounding environment affects spoilage, however. Besides, the spoilage of all following products behaves the same as most edible item.

Grains are processed at a rock crusher. 21grains (1 yield)->20 rice and 1 lime (grain shell). Property: +2 quality, 1000kcal/kg. (I don't think a further grilling step should be included, because this will make the procedure too long, so the plants and products are no longer appealing.)

Sushi: 3 rice + 1 sea lettuce -> 1 sushi @ gas range. Property: +4 quality, 4000kcal/kg(+500 vs products). It provides radiation resistance similar to other sea food.

Egg Fried Rice (Better name REQUESTED here): 2 rice +1 raw egg + 1 pepper -> 1 egg fried rice. +6 quality, 6000kg/kcal(+1200 vs products, assume raw egg is cooked to omelette). It also gives a buff(+25%/cycle hp regeneration, -15% O2 consumption and -25% toilet speed).

This is my raw proposal, and many contents may be changed. E.g. The buff from egg fried rice; plant's growth and yield; seed's spoilage mechanic; crushing grains produce log instead lime; etc. What do you think?

3 hours ago, old esc coli said:

Rice should be considered non rotting

Yes, I also considered proposing this, but I doubt that the item may be OP, so I still added some requirements. (sterile environment for storage) But, I don’t mind if they are completely imperishable. The processed product is designed to be perishable as normal, because they lose that protective shell.

I also think the current spoilage mechanism of nosh beans should be tweaked to the one as sleet wheat grains because of their similarities, namely growing condition, multiple seeds yield and seeds processed into food item. However, only wheat grains have raised deep-freeze temperature threshold, which I don’t believe to be proper.

Spoiler

By the way, I found a error in my original proposal. Initially, I was propose 20 grains per yield, and crush recipe [20 grains->15 rice + 5 log] But since 5kg log hardly make any difference, I changed the product to lime as well as the production rate. However, I forget to change 15 rice to 20 rice, so the total mass of ingredients and products don’t match. Now it have been corrected.

Archived