very fun game but still some suggestions

I have been playing all day, but I haven't been able to defeat the mother tree yet. The game is incredibly engaging, the controls feel smooth, the combat is satisfying, and the art style is very "Klei." Overall, it's a fantastic game. However, as a keyboard and mouse player, there are still some issues that I find difficult to tolerate, especially in fight.

• Issues:

1.Unintuitive default keybindings:

When playing with a keyboard, the default keys are WASD for movement, and Z+X+Left Shift for attack. This is a highly unintuitive layout. How can a normal person simultaneously use WASD for movement and have their hand on ZX and Left Shift for attacks? I don't believe anyone can do that.

Additionally, has the designer not considered that pressing Left Shift multiple times triggers the sticky keys warning in the Windows system?

1359604013_QQ20230617190934.png.9d80e73b41fd029bfc4ba35d5865a43f.png

This is an incredibly keybinding design. Of course, players can customize their keys to make themselves comfortable, but why can't you address this issue yourself? Placing the attack keys on JKL or UIO would be a much more reasonable option.

2.Default direction for projectiles and skills
   During combat, I prefer using only the keyboard for controls. However, the character's front-facing direction is always determined by the position of the mouse cursor. This leads to situations where the direction of my character's actions, such as using skills or firing projectiles, may be completely opposite to what I intend.

For example, if my mouse is on the left side of the screen but I have enemies on my right, I won't be able to use projectiles to attack them because all projectile-based attacks default to the direction of the mouse cursor. Even if I'm moving to the right side while using these skills, they still launch towards the mouse cursor. I find this highly unreasonable.

When a player is using only the keyboard, the character's facing direction should be based on the last movement command completed, not the direction of the mouse cursor.

3.Using the space key to open "select power" crystals is recognized as controller input

Continuing from the previous point, as a keyboard-only player, when I enter a combat, I use the default space key to open the "select power" crystals. However, the "pick power" button does not appear below, as I previously reported in this thread. It means that when I use the space key to open these crystals, the game recognizes me as a controller player and hides the "pick power" button below by default. The only solution is to use the mouse to open the "select power" crystals.

I cannot understand the reason behind this. If you don't want players to use the space key to open these crystals, you could simply disable it instead of preventing players from selecting powers.

• Suggestions: 
    • Modify the default keybindings for keyboard and mouse. I believe the mouse's left and right buttons can be removed as they are somewhat redundant. The default Z+X and Left Shift should be changed to keys on the right side of the mouse, such as JKL or UIO.
    • The default direction for projectiles and skills needs to be adjusted. I believe there are two possible directions:

If the default direction for projectiles and skills is the character's facing direction in the game, then the character's facing direction should change to the last direction they were facing after completing a movement command.
        If the default direction for projectiles and skills is not the character's facing direction in the game, it should still be set to the last direction the character faced after completing a movement command.

• Please fix the bug where using the space key in front of the "select power" crystals will make the 'pick power' disappear

EDIT:by the way, the F8 in game is too short that i write here:wilson_horror:

1 hour ago, Spydainteractiv said:

i use the mouse for fighting so would hate for that to be removed entirely, also theres an option to disable attacks based on cursor position im pretty sure.

woops, i have just found that option on hearing from you, thanks

766400776_QQ20230617212305.thumb.png.8b63fa7f9685f4e1f3223cde88b284e2.png

23 hours ago, dish-order man said:

Additionally, has the designer not considered that pressing Left Shift multiple times triggers the sticky keys warning in the Windows system?

Or turn off sticky keys, if you have never used this feature like me

There are many games that frequently use shift. The first time I encountered this problem was in Diablo 3

Or you can change the button to Caps lock, my dodge is here

Archived