Skins for critters, food plants, and decor plants

Hello, 

Given that the new skins system is coming and in development, I want to ask if skins for critters, food plants, and decor plants are also in preparation. 

I would be happy to see different types of critters and plants on the map and in my base. The creative design possibilities in this regard are virtually endless ;) Can you imagine a hatch with blue stripes and a golden wisp of hair on the head? :D 

Additionally, new skins for buildings/objects would be great also. 

I suspect we won't see critters/plants in the skin system, since the skins are picked when you build a building. Plus, for critters if they go to the trouble of making a whole animation set, I'd hope it would also be a new morph.

It'd be nice to see more skins for the more common things we see, though. I've got two different extra skins for -cots-... which I stop using the instant I get plastic. More skins for the stuff we actually keep! :) 

8 hours ago, Farsight said:

It'd be nice to see more skins for the more common things we see, though. I've got two different extra skins for -cots-... which I stop using the instant I get plastic. More skins for the stuff we actually keep! :) 

I guess this will happen.

However, I still hope more variations of critters and plants will come also. It is ok for me if they cannot be chosen by the player. They could be randomized. Why not suddenly seeing a mushroom with reddish strands and a faint bluish glow? ;) 

Or they include this in the mutation system, which might be even better. 

A long, long time ago (IIRC: before the dlc existed) I put in a suggestion to get to plant muckroot and hexalent (aka starter food) in pots for decor purposes... The logic behind that is that once you get into producing your own food you don't need to consume them and they might as well be used for decoration.

So I guess it's ok to hope and add swamp chard to that wishlist nowadays.

Archived