Spectackler Box : Seed spoilage refresh

Currently without bundling wrap we loose our progress with farming and seeds. How about we have a item that solves it. Seed pack it helps a lot but it still remains a problem.

Currently Spectacklar can store up to 15 type of seeds, how about it restore durability of seeds like the Tin Fishin Bin. This will also make the pearl quest line more attractive.

There is another way to keep seeds viable indefinitely... Just plant them. You could have an area set aside for storage farms. Granted though, that's not a very efficient use of space, but you do generally have a lot to work with there. Plants that rot, if not harvested, will eventually begin their growth cycle again, for as many times as it takes to eventually be harvested.

That aside, while I think having the Spectackler Box restore seed freshness would be excessive, I think it's a fine idea to have it reduce seed spoilage like the Seed Pack-it.

You are right that is one way to do it.

. This is not a issue if there are multiple players , but its hard when you are playing solo and makes you base hug. Even with the buff I think it will still not be as OP as rock fruit or berry bushes.

Bundling wrap is the mechanic that does what you want already.  I'd make the bee queen fight a little easier, and allow making a label for each wrap, similar to the way you can add a little sign to a chest with a feather pencil.  Maybe tier the bee queen fight?  So she'll drop a crummy bundling wrap (only 1 slot?) early in the fight and a better bundling wrap later?

For the sign, I'd allow converting 1 papyrus into 4 little tie-on tags (or 1-2 reeds into one little tag).

I'm a huge fan of the Seed Pack-It, but it's pretty hard to get for what it provides.  Maybe instead of making seeds last twice as long, it could make them last 3x as long?  2x seed storage is a year and a few days.  If you garden once a year, you really don't want to be late!

Archived