Priorities - Colourblind Issue

Hi,

I have noticed that the priorities screen either does not respond to either of the colourblind modes, or does not respond enough to be visible. I have protanopia, and I really struggle to see the colours of the priority boxes. I just wondered if this might be something that could be updated in the future?

Many thanks. 

• Developer

Thanks for providing feedback on the colourblind modes. Which skill point numbers are you finding difficult to tell apart? Does 0 points (grey) conflict with other skill point values?

The current design uses a gradient from white to a specific colour so the difference between skill points can be subtle. 

Here's a work in progress version of colourblindness support. It may change from this image in the final version but I would appreciate your feedback.

image.png

Here's a closeup of Travaldo's Researching, Operating, Farming, Ranching skills using the protanopia colour set. From left to right the skill points are 1 (white), 10 (strongest tint), 5 (50% tint), 0 (grey). The tint was picked to resemble the off colour of logic wires.

image.png

As someone with colour vision deficience (deuteranopia), I don't find the priorities screen to really have a problem for me, mainly because it operates in contrast, rather than shades/hues. I don't need to distinguish between different colors or shades, but contrast/saturation of a single color. That works for me. Although the protanopia example you should *does* present a bit of a problem for me, seeing as the 2 and 3 are not contrasted enough from each other. Although, I'd probably never use that setting since I'm on the deut, not prot. :)

On 6/13/2023 at 9:02 PM, EricKlei said:

@The Toblin Does the deuteranopia version of this screen work for you?

image.png

Yeah, it works fine! The contrast is big enough to distinguish them from each other. Overall, the deut setting is really solid. It works great for me for pretty much everything. 

Archived