New Mod: Darkness Not Excluded (e.g. Lights Out + Shiny Lights w/ tweaks)

banner-2048.jpg

[Steam] [GitHub]

I found myself coming back to the game recently, and wanting to embrace the darkness …only to find that Lights Out & Shiny Lights were busted in recent updates :(

Always wanting to give mod development a whirl, I whipped one up—and I hope it's helpful to folk. Features:

• Unlit Tiles: Experience the thrill of pitch-black tiles that hide their secrets from your cursor.
  • Equipment Lights: Equip your dupes with shining hats (mining, science, rocketry) and radiant suits to guide their way.
  • Dupe Glow: Marvel at your dupes' innate dim glow as they fumble through the darkness.
  • Considerate Dupes: Dupes will be considerate and turn off their lights any time they enter a room where another dupe is sleeping.
  • Stat Penalties: Beware the reduced coordination of dupes that forgot to bring a source of light when exploring the asteroid.
  • Grace Period: Enjoy a generous 3-cycle grace period to establish your luminous domain before darkness descends.
  • Configurable: Customize your adventure via the mod menu—allowing you to adjust or disable features to your liking!

Note that it does things a little differently from Lights Out / Shiny Lights:

• Unlit tiles cannot be inspected (you can't see details while hovering, nor select them—though you can ask dupes to perform tasks on them)
  • Suit and helmet lights cast a strong directional cone in the direction the dupe is facing, but still have a bit of glow around them
  • Dupes turn off their lights whenever entering any room that contains sleeping dupes (rather than when entering any barracks/bedroom regardless of whether dupes are sleeping)
  • Almost everything is customizable via the mod menu (woo for PLib!)

Archived