something about the helmet, armor and shadow cloak

I don’t know this feature is on purpose for shadow cloak. But no matter what I put in my any helmet for the head of character, the helmet would not lose any durability, this damage is totally absorbed by shadow cloak. I know when character takes damage, the helmet and armor will absorb it by the order of which outfits the character put in. So I test it for two different orders.

1. Do not use any helmet and shadow cloak, just drop them in the ground,

2. put helmet first then shadow cloak, the helmet will not absorb any damage,

3. Drop helmet and shadow cloak,

4. Put shadow cloak first then the helmet, the helmet will absorb any damage.

OK, it is just the ideal situation.

But sometimes it doesn’t happen. Sometimes no matter what you put in first, what happen is that the body armor will take the damage first, so it will become that shadow cloak always take all the damage. And it’s not just shadow cloak, if you replace wood suit for shadow cloak, no matter what you put in first, the wood suit will absorb damage first.

I don’t know it’s the hardware problem, platforms, some old version of the game, or just because the compaction of different dlcs.

If anyone has the same problem, would you give me a comment about that, I just want to figure out it’s meant for it or just some bugs, thank you.

I do some test in steam, not in beta.

(A) if I start in RoG, not compact with any other dlc, it just like I posted, it’s in ideal situation,

(B) if I start in SW, not compact with HM, it just like I posted, it’s in ideal situation,

(C) if I start in HM, then something wrong happen, not in the ideal situation. You need to drop all your helmet and armor, then put them in order, it will get to ideal situation,. But there is one special situation, which is shadow cloak, I don’t know what happen,but sometimes it get into ideal situation, sometimes not.

But there is a worse situation, which is that, in (A) and (B), after you save and quit, then you start the file  again, that ideal situation may gone, you need to rearrange you outfit, then it will get to ideal situation. 

I don’t test any other platforms, I just remember in NS, no matter what orders it is, it always absorb damage firstly by body outfit.

I hope these special problem can get some attention, the game can play, but these problems is annoying.

I think th Vortex Cloak works this way because you lose sanity based on how much damage the cloak has absorbed, so if your head slot armour absorbs some damage, you will lose less sanity. This may or may not be intended.

Archived