Plants infested by deadly brightshades should disappear (temporarily)

I've generally enjoyed the new beta content, despite sharing some of the concerns that others have. However, there's one thing that really bugs me.

Problem: The brightshades generate directly on top of plants, which creates overlay issues (plant randomly decides to overlay Infront or behind bright shade) and a general janky feel.

Solution: Simply replace the infested plants with a bright shade until killed. This could be polished with an animation where the infested plant gets sucked underground, only to be replaced with a sprouting bright shade.

I hope this makes sense.

Edit: This is unrelated but for the vine water glitches just unrender the vine parts that are on the water. Vines going on boats and through water is cool as hell.

I think the bigger problem is that things seem to not respect layering order correctly. This isn't exclusive to the brightshades...

image.png

I've seen the same thing happen to pretty much everything that involves two overlapping entities, even the corrupted cane skin. I think it's just a matter of something in the game needing a fix.

42 minutes ago, Sir Donut said:

It'd still be odd without the glitchy layering. It just doesn't feel polished having plants layered on eachother.

They're not just layered on top of each other. The Brightshades are clearly encasing the plant. 

image.png.2ac3c77fc47d44790101c7d20cb0fd96.png

32 minutes ago, Electroely said:

They're not just layered on top of each other. The Brightshades are clearly encasing the plant. 

image.png.2ac3c77fc47d44790101c7d20cb0fd96.png

How didn't I see that. It is less obvious with berry bushes but I apologize for my lack of observation.

Archived