Mean Green Mothers from Outer Space

First I want to say, I love the idea of the Brightshades. A plant that is stationary and has vines that attack. Absolutely love.

However, they're currently executed in a way that makes them a pure nuisance. They have planar defense, rendering all previous weapon's inefficient. They have a massive health pool of 1000 in the main plant with regenerating vines that have 200 hp and they really pack a punch. In my experience them forming in clusters makes them pretty devastating to try and take down solo. And then to do all of this and finally kill one, you get a measly singular brightshade husk. of which you need to farm 4/2 of for armor/helm, 3 for a sword, 6 for a staff, 2 for a pick & shovel, and 4 for 6 bombs. All of which need massive boosts in order to incentivize using.

The fact that this mini boss can be as naturally recurring as hound waves is pretty frightful since you'd be forced pretty immediately to engage in a tough battle lest you lose access to your base.  The idea is cool but it can become too overwhelming too quickly, and the fact that you can't disable them in game once done farming their resources is silly.

I would suggest trying any combination of what others have suggested of reducing health pools but increasing attack dmg, scrapping planar defense/dmg entirely since it is so silently introduced, or provide a niche way of dealing with them that doesn't require circular logic of obtaining gear (i.e. getting brightshade husks to kill brightshades easier to get brightshade husks easier to kill more brightshades easier).

Also I need to say, Wormwood NEEDS to have some type of synergy with the mean green mothers from outer space. The bare minimum of which would them being neutral to him, the extreme end of this looking like he can shave them for the resource like he can with barnacles on seaweeds. Having Wormwood being able to ally a plant that share his same roots and is so wicked, plays into his lure so perfectly and finally would finish off his package for me personally.

Lastly, If you have not personally play tested fighting the Brightshades in this current beta, I do not want to hear your opinions, Ty <3

1 hour ago, dzzydzzy said:

Lastly, If you have not personally play tested fighting the Brightshades in this current beta, I do not want to hear your opinions, Ty <3

I agree with a lot of what you have to say (despite not fulling these requirements) it would be beneficial to explain how to actually get them? Cause I defeated CC and it's been 5 days and I see nothing happening with this new update. That way people who are unfamiliar or don't import pre-existing bases can still participate in testing and giving feedback.

Alright took a while but I figured out how to get them, just find one to spawn after some days speed up time to make it grow to max and boom once at stage 3 the plant will go infect a grass or sapling or something and make it the Brightshade.
Conceptually it is great, visually it is great, animations wise, great.
I think there NEEDS to be a limit on how close they can spawn to each other. Having 2 on top of each other will just absolutely obliterate your resources in trying to defeat it.
I can see toning down the HP but honestly depending on the spawn rate (which at least from what I've seen is quite slow) 1000 hp is fine so long as there is guaranteed distance between brightshades so players can fight one at a time.

5 hours ago, Evelo said:

Cause I defeated CC and it's been 5 days and I see nothing happening with this new update

I was having this issue as well. 

It turns out there is a 5 day delay to when the rift first spawns plus I wanna say another 5 days before the rift actually grows big enough to show up on the map as a global icon.

Then the total time the rift is around from birth to death is around a total of 15-20 days?

Archived