MODE: Survival ONIy!!!!

JLycurgus

I always play without sandbox (unless I'm testing mods, but this hardly counts as playing)

Reaching space is not really a problem. In vanilla the problem might be motivation to do this, since space game isn't best there, but in DLC it is more rewarding and fun

I am rather proud to say that my intention, my angle to the playstyle (as it were),..... is to NEVER TOUCH Sandbox MODE unitl I have reached SPACE purely in Survival MODE ONIy!!!! It a challenge!!! But I'm up for it!

1. Focus on Food and Oxygen, don't waste time for other projects before you got those running
2. Don't have too many duplicants. In early game you should think twice before printing additional ones. Each dupe costs you food and oxygen, make sure you can provide those to them
3. Don't waste time: use pipes instead of manual delivery, build kitchens next to farms, oxygen masks in unbreathable areas, etc
4. Don't waste power: use logic wires to automate power production and consumption, use game physics to separate gases, etc.
5. Don't waste resources: don't let your food spoil, don't allow your vents to overpressure, don't fertilize wilting plants, recycle wastes
6. Focus on one thing, doing many projects at once won't make them finish faster
7. Don't do things you are not ready for: don't explore space when your base is not stable, don't enter hot biomes without proper protection, etc
8. You can ignore early game diseases, they are not that severe. Uproot all sporechids asap though

Above all else: don't feel bad when you loose - this is normal thing in this game, loose and learn to do better next time

Archived