My Concerns about Seed of Ruin

The latest QoL update introduces seed of ruin. Well, while I'm not totally approval of it (We can already regenerate the ruins via teleportato, so it is not quite necessary), I'll accept them as devs have decided to make this change.

The pronlem is that this item resets (and only resets) a single cave map & its related ruin map, which MAY bring some isuues if they were not taken into consideration during development:

(So, neglect these isuue if they have already been considered and properly solved during development.)

Spoiler

1. As intended, the sum of seed(s) and alive ancient guardian(s) is 3 (equal to the total  number of caves), and each cave/ruin have exactly 1 related seed/guarding. However, isuues may arise if there is no protection that the seed is allowed to be used on another cave. If the guardian on that cave havn't been defeated, this action will cause an unrecoverable loss of seed/guardian.

2. DS allows certain unrecoverable item or its related structure taken to caves/ruins from forest world. If the eyebone is left in a cave and reset the cave (again, if the game allows), the eyebone will be permantly lost. This also applies to glommer's flower, things, sea/sky worthy (trinket form or structure form), etc. (If they are allowed to be taken to cave. I haven't checked if these objects can be taken to a cave, but definitely you can bring the eyebone to caves.) Similarly, if you left seed of ruins in the cave and regenerate it (use the copy from another cave, if possible), an unrecoverable loss of seed/guardian is also caused.

Currently, if these loss are triggered, the only way to restore the lost items is to regenerate whole forest world and all its caves/ruins via teleportato, which I guess is not desired here. I think there should be some protection methods to prevent these issue from arising:

Spoiler

1. The game checks caves/ruins and prevents its regeneration if it contains unrecoverable item. This completely negates these isuues, but may probably be harder to implement as checking inactive maps is not easy.

2. The Player is no longer allowed to take unrecoverable item to caves (dropped upon entrance). For the replacement of chester, just simply have hutch reintroduced to DS. Also, the seed of ruin is no longer allowed to be brought away from ruins, and the regeneration is reworked so it is done in the ruins instead of overworld.

Archived