Yet Another Slickster Farm

I'd like to share my take on a slickster farm. Features:

• Purpose: to provide as much crude oil/petroleum as possible using the free CO2 byproduct. Currently up to about 900 kg/cycle is possible.
  • Shares space with most of my dirty power plants.
  • It's a giant CO2 storage. Currently 152 kg/tile.
  • Has a type of "pez dispenser" for newly born larva and eggs to repopulate the place and give them a "chance" at life.
  • Each level houses up to 8 critters. Space is set up to maximize other space use.
  • Bottom level is where all remaining critters (75) go to "live".
  • A total of over 90 critters produce a constant flow of crude oil and petroleum.
  • Auto-sweepers take away everything. Larva eggs are deposited on the upper room.
  • Minimum dupe intervention, other than grooming and lullabying the eggs.

660768643_Alex_Dslicksterfarm1.thumb.jpg.80ca6c075923dccb57a3603ec61be685.jpg

Automation activates the vertical doors only when the critter sensor reads 8 or more critters. A timer assists on the opening/closing of the door (5 sec green / 1 sec red). Excess of critters are pushed down.

760468321_Alex_Dslicksterfarm2.thumb.jpg.6ecdbb221d6b2dd82f24b5b5cde89199.jpg

Only drawback is sometimes "breeding" slicksters are pushed down the dispenser. Another system can be implemented to do the sorting outside each ranch level.

On 2/17/2023 at 10:03 PM, Alex_D said:

Has a type of "pez dispenser" for newly born larva and eggs to repopulate the place and give them a "chance" at life.

Is there a benefit to using this style of critter restocking over the "classic" pez dispenser design?

Less space and slicksters. The classic works for hatches. I tried (in sandbox) essentially the typical, with a mech airlock door as floor on the rooms below, The falling slickster doesn't go through but stays on top of the mech door. However a hatch will continue falling through until it reaches a closed door. So daisy chains of open doors do not work for slicksters.

Edit: The pez dispenser for slicksters will still let hatches through. Hence, the system can be improved by replacing the horizontal pneumatic door (on floor below) by a mech door. However, if the ranch is only for hatches, then the classic is a better solution.

20230227213252_1.jpg

Archived