Ps4 huge input delay on ps4 pro

I am on a ps4 pro, day 600 and somthing im building a megabase. My wifi is good, 500 mbps i play solo, and ive destroyed every tree and rock in the world, i have a big base and mabye 30 animals all spread out, i turn animal spawns off in settings and lag comp is off please no obvious anwsers im in uk and no vpn im getting 5 second input delay i am looking for ways to reduce the lag (playing offline is just as bad im on a lan cable) last concern would the ps4s fan impact this

I don't know anything about the PS4 Pro, but I always ran with lag comp off (I play exclusively split screen with my wife on regular PS4, online and offline worlds, local only) I was messing around in my settings for the first time in literally years a few days ago and noticed my lag comp had been turned on (predictive). I hadn't noticed any difference in my performance, but I turned it back off. After doing that I had the same old input delay that I used to get having lag comp on (my wife plays this way, I don't know how she deals with it). I turned comp back on and everything is nice and smooth.

It's weird, it's like the effects of lag comp off/lag comp on were switched.

Anyway, I'm sure you've tried messing with that already. I figured I'd mention it since I have no other idea on how to fix the issue, maybe someone else here can help. Good luck.

3 hours ago, Dunk Mujunk said:

I don't know anything about the PS4 Pro, but I always ran with lag comp off (I play exclusively split screen with my wife on regular PS4, online and offline worlds, local only) I was messing around in my settings for the first time in literally years a few days ago and noticed my lag comp had been turned on (predictive). I hadn't noticed any difference in my performance, but I turned it back off. After doing that I had the same old input delay that I used to get having lag comp on (my wife plays this way, I don't know how she deals with it). I turned comp back on and everything is nice and smooth.

It's weird, it's like the effects of lag comp off/lag comp on were switched.

Anyway, I'm sure you've tried messing with that already. I figured I'd mention it since I have no other idea on how to fix the issue, maybe someone else here can help. Good luck.

I just turrn it on and tank any damage now i cant use maxwell anymorr

I've been playing this game on PlayStation for about 3 years now, and unfortunately I don't think this issue will ever change. As you say, it even happens when you're starting on a new world, offline, just you. The game just doesn't run as well on console (or at least PS4) and it just gets worse as your base gets bigger/as you play longer. I think it's just a general issue, not your console specifically. 

There shouldn't be a 5 second input delay, that's certainly not something that can be written off as a general PS4 issue.

Me and my wife have been playing since 2018, and are currently playing on an 1800+ day world, online, split screen. We get slowdown, mainly when it rains or snows, and rubber banding has become exceedingly rare (nearly non existent). Input delay/lag has been a non issue for us, across 2 separate PS4s (non Pro).

I'd honestly guess OPs issue is going to be in relation to PS4 Pro/Display device issues. Not sure if OP is running on a 4k capable display, and I don't know enough about the PS4 Pro in general, but the issues described by OP occuring offline, non split screen, even in brand new worlds points to issues not related to the game itself.

Archived