World Seeds

You need [API] Gem Core mod. It was created by one of the developers, and when enabled, it adds several useful features, including recreating the world with the same seed, or entering a specific seed by hand for both forest and caves.

27 minutes ago, nightyknightt said:

i have it installed, however i cannot generate a custom world with it, i also see seeds posted that simply dont work

The seeds depend on the version of the game. With new updates, old seeds may stop working. Also, the mod should be not  just installed, it should be enabled when creating the world, since it's a server mod, and this is the only moment when the seed can be type in. The mod will add an additional slot to the settings, specifically to the generation settings tab. Yes, I have a discord if it won't work even after that, but with such requests it's better go to private messages.

4 minutes ago, Lokena said:

The seeds depend on the version of the game. With new updates, old seeds may stop working. Also, the mod should be not  just installed, it should be enabled when creating the world, since it's a server mod, and this is the only moment when the seed can be type in. The mod will add an additional slot to the settings, specifically to the generation settings tab. Yes, I have a discord if it won't work even after that, but with such requests it's better go to private messages.

Ah, i see. so if i have a world that has something i really like can i just use the duplicate world option to save it?

Just now, nightyknightt said:

Ah, i see. so if i have a world that has something i really like can i just use the duplicate world option to save it?

Yeah, that work too. Although duplication saves not only the world itself, but also all its progress, including days, character status, and so on. Using the seed or the "recreate the same world" function with the mod will preserve the same landscape, but will return everything to day one.

Just now, Lokena said:

Yeah, that work too. Although duplication saves not only the world itself, but also all its progress, including days, character status, and so on. Using the seed or the "recreate the same world" function with the mod will preserve the same landscape, but will return everything to day one.

Got it, thanks! I have a world where the lunar island is connected to the main land. I wonder if theres a way to force that again

Just now, nightyknightt said:

Got it, thanks! I have a world where the lunar island is connected to the main land. I wonder if theres a way to force that again

I suspected it, haha. I have such a world too.) It's pretty cool.

Also, this mod can be enabled on the server even after the creation of the world, and then, although it will not allow to type the new seed in, it will show its current number in the settings. In case you want an easy way to find out the seed of the world and share it.

Just now, Lokena said:

I suspected it, haha. I have such a world too.) It's pretty cool.

Also, this mod can be enabled on the server even after the creation of the world, and then, although it will not allow to type the new seed in, it will show its current number in the settings. In case you want an easy way to find out the seed of the world and share it.

nice :) i wish there was a way to force this lol! its so cool

Archived