Help!My server is very laggg after 500 days.

Please help!

I am playing DST in Steam.I ran "Don't Starve Together Dedicated Server" in my personal server

I have 5 friends play with me.When the game has passed 500 days,all of us feel that the game is very lag.

what's more,when i press "Tab" in keyboard.The server  is Red and 6 players is all GREEN.(Sorry,I'm not used to speaking English)

I checked my server.The network is good.The memory is good.Everything is good except CPU(I posted a photo in this topic)

I only ran "DST Dedicated Server" in my server.No more programs or software are running.It's worth mentioning that my cpu has 8 cores and "Dedicated Server" only used 1 cores.

SO I tried to use some Mods to clean the things on the ground.but it doesn't work!

Is there a better solution??I can't bear this!!!

20230116095249.thumb.jpg.e54bbb3c71646761a3fa92159e0f0d56.jpg

You've run into the problem that there's more and more stuff building up in your world, which is normal and part of every game.

Since the DST server is running on a single thread (one CPU core) it can't be handled by your remaining 7 cores (the Caves server, if you have one, does run on it's own core, so technicially a DST server can use two cores.), and your CPU is a bit older, with less single core Performance, it struggles with that.

You solutions would be to either clean up the world even more, such as putting your stuff in chests and feeding unwanted stuff that is lying around to a lure plant, or alternatively upgrade to a more powerful (specificially higher single core performance) CPU, or rent a server with a more powerful CPU.

In most cases a quad core would be ideal for a DST server (two cores for the two shards, and two cores to handle the OS and background tasks). Moree cores don't hurt, but don't bring any benefit, as you've experienced.

Thank you so much.

I think the basic reason is too many things in the world.I will try to clean them and upgrade my CPU.

An interesting thing I found yesterday is that when all players attack the monster boss (such as Celestial Champion), we don't feel "lag". Instead, when we got home, we began to get lag. I have solved my problem, and I would like to thank you again. I just want to discuss whether the reason for getting lag is related to the concentration of items(Buildings or things on the ground) in the player's area?

I just want to discuss whether the reason for getting lag is related to the concentration of items(Buildings or things on the ground) in the player's area?

That is correct.
The server only loads the world around the players. So when no player is around a cluttered spot, such as your base, that spot and all the items there get unloaded and don't cause lag.

Archived