Bull Kelp regrowth mechanism.

Bull Kelp can now be pushed onto land or boats and get uprooted by accident when boats dock. Unlike berry bushes, grass tufts and saplings which only disappear due to intentional destruction, Bull Kelp might disappear with carelessness in long running servers.

I suggest a bull kelp regrowing mechanism be implemented. It could be regrow in old kelp locations. Or allow uprooted to perish to dry, instead of to rot, so that i can be planted and fertilized or hydrated in certain way.

Thanks.

I have more kelp in my waters then i know what to do with and im on day 3000 I uprooted a little over a 40 with the trident and I got about 25 from lunar Island so 65 is plenty I still probably have like 80 or so in the water I will never need or want so how long term are you meaning I'm not against it being regrown because RNG is never the best it definitely can really mess up someone's game. 

@Nightmaretribe You are talking from the practical point of view as in your own experience.

I'm talking from the system design point of view. In your practical view (by inference, which may not be necessarily true), grass tufts regrowth is not needed, berry bush regrowth not needed, carrots regrowth not needed. But that's not what I care about.

I just want a good game system that covers all bases and cases.

I'd rather recommend not being careless. If you uproot bull kelp unintentionally, replant it. Maybe bull kelp could be placed on a drying rack to be dehydrated, and placed in a tin fishin' bin to be rehydrated, or regain freshness if not dried.

As for regrowth, I hate that mechanic. I'd rather non-renewable resources have a way of being deliberately (re)generated by players, either Wormwood being able to combine some health, a compost wrap, and a plant product to generate a producing plant shoot that could be planted in a valid location without the transplant penalty (unless later dug up and moved), or have some bosses drop some plants, like the Crab King could drop some Bull Kelp.

Archived