Geotuner needs to go to 0% data before requesting an errand.

When using a geotuner, the data remaining goes to 0% before an errand is generated.  This means that the geotuner will always have some downtime where it's not operating.

I'm using it to boost a cool salt slush geyser to pre-heat it's output, and having it fall back to -10 degrees C makes it messy!

Is this intentional?  It would work much better if an errand was posted, say, at 50%.  Or is the intention that I should be using two geotuners for the same geyser?

If you like to run exactly one Geotuner, you can automate it with a spare Geotuner.

Spoiler

image.png.5d9168d43973fe6a6925e06fc80ea1ed.png

When one runs out of data, both turn on; when recharging is complete, this one turns off.

Do you want to activate exactly 2 out of 3 Geotuners toward (salt) water geyser to use self-cooling turbines? This setup is for you!

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.97211627fa49516bb4e93b489f0e0dee.png

On 12/23/2022 at 7:06 PM, Omaristalis said:

I'm using it to boost a cool salt slush geyser to pre-heat it's output, and having it fall back to -10 degrees C makes it messy!

Even if there's downtime in between geotuning operations, the temperature isn't going to go that low as long as the colder brine is allowed to even out it's temperature with brine released when the geyser was tuned.
If you're immediately pumping the geyser's output and sending it straight to a desalinator then yeah, that's going to cause issues.

Archived