Tallbird followers (smallbirds, teenbirds) need to be able to log out with their leader

Title summarizes it well. Currently raising tallbirds - from the moment they hatch from egg and until they become adult tallbird - takes 28 days, and during this whole time player can't afford to even take bathroom break. That is 224 minutes, i.e. 3.73 hours, and that is not counting time to hatch eggs, in which case it's 4.13 hours! It's not a problem on personal solo server when player can always pause/world is paused while player logs out, but in multiplayer that basically means one has to raise birds in 1 session without ANY breaks.

Not only bathroom breaks in real life are getting in the way. During work week one may have less than 4 hours to play in one session, which means that it's impossible to raise birds in multiplayer server because they would starve to death until next play session. And not only that: smallbirds reattach themselves to whoever is passing by should original owner try to log out for a few minutes or just loose connection for a moment.

Both smallbirds and teenbirds can survive for about a day without feeding as long as they were fed right before player logged out (as far as I can tell), however, if one has bad connection and/or tries to raise birds in the caves (i.e. has to go through additional loading time while logging in) one basically spends those minutes on logging out/logging in.

In the process of similar length - beefalo taming - player can bond beefalo to bell and log out any time without loosing progress. I think it should be the same for tallbirds.

------------------

That being said, it would be nice if Webber's spiders also logged out with their leader, since otherwise Webber has to run to remote area and pray that nobody loads it while Webber player is absent. Otherwise Webber assidently griefs anyone in proximity should he loose connection or need arises to disconnect as soon as possible. Technically he can take spiders in the inventory, but average spider army size is too big for inventory, plus it's unnecessarily tedious to pick every single spider even if Webber has inventory space for all of them, and I see no reason why all his spiders just can't log out with him the moment he himself logs out (like Abigail logs out with Wendy).

Other followers (pigs, merms, bunnymen, grumble bees) also could use that treatment, although them not logging out with leader is not that detrimental as in case tallbirds and spiders. Still, it's just stupid to be forced to play despite real life needs or waste a lot of resources for no reason if one summons grumble bees but discovers a bit later that one needs bathroom break.

Archived