The Cave needs Improvements

Cave is a concept that exists long ago. In DST, caves add more functions. Many people are satisfied by these changes, but I would say caves still need improvement.

First, the terrain of the cave is too similar from the top. I think most people would agree with me that they will not pay attention to the grasslands, swamps and rocky biomes. They serve almost no value to us other than barriers for travel. I would love to see biomes with a spooky scenario, like a different place (think about the Nether in Minecraft). The Ancient Archive also is a little bit disappointing, as you only need to got the blueprints once and never came back.

Moreover, the difficulty of the cave is getting..weird. From the game's title we can clearly see the main goal of the game is to not starve. Even with the game getting easier with more food options, cave should be a dangerous place made for adventure in the late game. Yet currently cave seems  to be too safe.
1, The player should initially walk carefully with a torch, nervous by the darkness and limited sight around them. Too much daylight and too many lightbulbs at the start ruin the beginning atmosphere, making cave more like a trip instead of adventure. 
2, The bunnies are literally free helpers and materials (not when u have meat tho). They are even less threatening than merms. I would love to see an enemy race, its members hiding in the dark, waiting to turn you into prays.
(The mants from Hamlet was a wonderful idea. Suits the backstory and cave, why aren't they imputed?)

Last but not least are the generation of caves and ground. It should be a constant and stable way of fast travel--right now it isn't.
The entrance and exit are generated horribly, not to mention you cannot distinguish which one leads to which;
(of course some signs and turfs can easily fix latter)
The giant tentacle is fairly useless except looking for the Atrium, because you hardly go anywhere else except ruins.
(People use teleport after finding Atrium, making it even more useless)

Overall, I would love to see a new cave with new biomes different from Constant, darker and more dangerous atmosphere, utilities for fast travel.
What's your opinion? Feel free to support or deny my ideas and share yours! 

Archived