Trapped Duplicant Mechanic ''Claustrophobia''

Add a pause Option to the Trapped mechanic  

6 members have voted

1. 1. In favor of adding a ''auto pause the game'' option for the Trapped Mechanic

• Yes
    • No
    • Could be usefull, but can do without it
    • Can't live without it

Hi Klei,

I really like to see how involve your team is with the community and how you shape your roadmap base on their feedback, so I'll give it a try and see what comes out of it. 

Regarding the trapped mechanic you implemented in the game some times ago. I was previously using a mod via steam, called Claustrophobia and it was basically doing exactly the same thing as your new feature do. Exception of one thing, it paused the game when a duplicant was trapped. This way by letting the game run for some hours AFK to dig out the map or do a massive sweep, you did not end up coming back with 3 dead body who passed away 50+ cycles ago.. Even the ''made a mess'' warning (which isn't really helpfull AFK) doesn't always give you the time to unstuck your dup fast enough even when actively playing. 

My question being, unless I've missed it somewhere, would it be possible to add a check box to activate/deactivate an auto-pause feature when a dup is stuck/Trapped ? 

Thank you kindly for your time.

I would be okay with the option to pause as long as it IS optional and can be disabled. I have had many, many warnings of my duplicants being trapped when they actually were not. I would hate to have spurious and invalid trapped situations continuously pause my game.

Archived