Improved Rocket Controls, a Spaced Out rocket helper mod.

Improved Rocket controls

Improved Rocket Controls is a mod intended to reduce a few of the headaches I typically run into with Spaced Out! rockets. It includes the ability to limit access to a rocket to members of the crew only, without forcing crew to remain inside, and the ability to mark an atmo suit checkpoint as "Grounded", so that dupes don't consume oxygen when servicing the interior of a rocket capsule.

"Limit" dupe access to rockets.

The "Limit" access permission came about because I was frequently sending multiple rockets to an asteroid while strip-mining it and setting up automated infrastructure, and wanted to rectify some frustrating dupe behavior I was running into. Specifically, dupes were frequently going to use facilities in the wrong rocket, taking up precious atmo suit dock slots, and shutting out dupes that were attempting to get to their assigned bed. While interior or exterior doors can be used to fix this, that takes up space in the rocket module or may just not fit between rockets, and isn't foolproof.

Groundable atmo suit checkpoints.

In addition to that, atmo suit checkpoints gain the ability to be "grounded" while a rocket is in dry-dock. This allows dupes to enter/exit the rocket faster, and prevents them from consuming capsule oxygen. This is particularly handy for rockets that are using oxylite as a capsule oxygen source, to prevent an endless chain of dupes entering and exiting, re-filling a couple of grams in a storage bin.

This is my first shipped ONI mod, I've had a few other, much smaller, one-liner ones I've been using locally (most of which have equivalents that other people have already shipped), so hopefully this stands up to the internet's scrutiny :cry:. I do have a few other improvements around ONI rockets I want to make as well. (looking at you, port loaders)

If you run into any bugs in the general area, feel free to file an issue on my github issues.

Additional Capsule Settings v2.png

Controlled Suit Marker v3.png

Archived