[Suggestion] Moose/goose should be able to spawn even if world is younger than 27 days (or corresponding setting for seasonal giants should be added)

Currently DST's 3 seasonal giants - Deerclops, Moose/goose and Bearger can't spawn during first 27 days of the world, which means that no seasonal giant can spawn in the first starting season. However, in case Moose/goose this seems like leftover from RoG DS, where Moose/goose is giant that comes to player much like Deerclops, Bearger and RoG Dragonfly.

Upon transitioning to DST Dragonfly was changed to be raid boss instead of seasonal giant that hunts the player, and thus it was no longer necessary to keep it from spawning in the world during some time after the start. Other raid bosses that are not trying to get to the player on their own - Bee Queen, Eye of Terror, Toadstool, etc. - also ignore that delay, which is perfectly understandable. Moose/goose, however, still can't spawn in the first spring during spring start even though it no longer goes after the player, which is even more strange considering Antlion - who spawns during first summer in summer start and targets player - is not affected by this delay.

This has great impact on anyone who wants to try Taste of Terraria official preset or spring start in general: not only any player can't craft weather pains during the first year and luxury fan for incoming summer, Wickerbottom can't craft practical rain rituals until 4 seasons pass. Poor granny is more likely to see moonstorms before the book (in my hands), and book no longer being as impactful at that point saddens me.

So for the sake of consistency and gameplay improvement I suggest to allow Moose/goose to ignore this grace period, defined for enemies that seek encounter with player, or at least make this obligatory delay a setting.

Archived