How do I listen for combat on a prefab?

Somnei

Hi!

I want to know how to write a hook for when a mob starts to fight.

I'm guessing it's possible to simply add a "listenforevent" to the mob, but I'm unsure what events trigger during combat or how to find what events are available to listen for. Are there any files I can read that contain all events or something like that?

Or, if there is another, better, way - please let me know!

I just want to make the royal pig guards swap their torches if they fight during the night - which should be easy enough provided I can make a function trigger whenever they start to fight.

edit: So far I have tried listening for "attack", "onattack", "onattackother", "onhitother" and "doattack" with no luck.

Hm, that is strange. I wonder if the royal guards are just bugged somehow...

I wrote some code based on your example and it didn't work, so I then tried copying your code so mine was identical (replacing "the_pig_prefab" with "pigman_city" and "pigman_royalguard" as well to be on the safe side - still nothing.

I've made a workaround by instead adding an attackcallback on their weapon, but I'm just a bit puzzled as to why the other way isn't working for me.

On 8/30/2022 at 7:50 AM, Somnei said:

Hm, that is strange. I wonder if the royal guards are just bugged somehow...

I wrote some code based on your example and it didn't work, so I then tried copying your code so mine was identical (replacing "the_pig_prefab" with "pigman_city" and "pigman_royalguard" as well to be on the safe side - still nothing.

I've made a workaround by instead adding an attackcallback on their weapon, but I'm just a bit puzzled as to why the other way isn't working for me.

You can try to print something and see if it shows on console.

Archived