Resin tile forming under experiment 32B

Hi all,

I'm not sure if this has happened to anyone else but suddenly after a few dozen cycles resin tiles have begun to form on top of the mesh tiles. There was previously a weight plate (where this also happened) so I switched to a mesh to see if that would help but it still forms a tile. The temperature of the polluted oxygen is  17.8 C and the food arriving is around 4 degrees so I have no idea what is going on (the tree is also about 15C). I added a robominer to see what sort of delay there was in tile formation and it is instant. The moment the tree eats food and resin is generated, the tile is formed. 

I'd appreciate any advice.

Thanks

resin tile.png

resin tile.png

Resin has a melting point of 20C so when the tree expells it after feeding it is interacting with the tile and gas underneath and cooling. Due to the small quantities rather than forming debris it forms a full tile.

I had the same problem, you'll either need to warm the area above 20C or vaccum the area out and provide food that isn't supercooled.

The nice thing about the resin tree is that the output temp is based on the tree temp, so if you heat it up enough to melt the resin tile, the tree will start outputting mass above freezing, which helps to keep the temperature stable, even if the surrounding area is still colder (so long as you keep feeding the tree, that is).

Archived