Please make the game accessible with no internet connection

I am currently in a situation where I don't have a stable internet connection. I was bewildered and disappointed to learn that I can't play Wanda or access my skins in offline mode. Why is it not possible to play characters like Wanda in offline mode and/or use skins?
I don't think an answer like: "Because we need to check with steam if someone has actually bought the item so that they don't use it without paying." makes much sense since if someone wanted to use the content from the game offline without paying for it they could definitely just crack it. (I will most likely end up using a cracked version of this game myself even though I have bought it on steam. But I don't want to use a crack of a game I paid for.)

I belive a better system would look like this:
The data about skins/unlocked characters is stored both locally and in steam inventory, but for online play it performs a check to see if you actually own the item you are trying to use.
Then it stores the data locally and allows you to use the content you owned when you were last online.
If someone wanted to crack the content for offline play they anyway can do that so it's not a real problem.
I really think this is how it should function.

What do you think? Does anyone care?

Archived