A Faster Way to Find The Klaus Sack

Exploring the mosaic and the decidious biomes to find the Klaus sack the first few times is cool but it does get annoying pretty quickly the longer a world stays around.

I don't want to place Ocuvigils in the entirety of BOTH of my deciduous biomes since it makes the world look very ugly, despite the convenience and blocking all but one Klaus spawners is a very, very long process.

Having a way to find the Klaus sack faster would be appreciated.

Yes, I always hated the fact it can spawn in so many places (and even more if you get a second decidious biome) because it makes the searching area so large that makes the searching so long and repetitive for many many winters. There should be a way to locate it faster .

First idea that comes to my mind is to make deer antlers point out where's the loot stash. By examining it with a compass in hand, the characters would say which direction (north, south, east, west...) the antler is pointing. 

On 8/4/2022 at 5:29 AM, DeadWhereX said:

First idea that comes to my mind is to make deer antlers point out where's the loot stash. By examining it with a compass in hand, the characters would say which direction (north, south, east, west...) the antler is pointing. 

I like this idea, but I think I can tweak it a bit better. First Klaus kill, he drops a blueprint for a locator that works similar to the Astral Detector, requiring an antler and waxed paper, possibly among other things.

In the mean time though, I think I am going to go block off many of the known spawn locations. I've been placing a carpet turf at each stash location as a means of keeping track.

Not strictly unrelated, but I also think a fun tiny tweak to the loot stash would be to have it possibly yield a live mandrake instead of a dead one.

Archived