Connecting to Caves shard using c_connect()

Hello. Is it possible to connect directly to Caves shard using c_connect command? I have successfully forwarded Master shard port and can connect via c_connect with no problem. But when I try to connect to Caves shard (also port forwarded), it asks for a password and does not accept the cluster password, even if the cluster has no password.

You can't directly connect to the Caves shard, since it's connected to the Master shard, and all it's connectivity stuff is handled by the Master shard as well.

Just connect to the master shard, and, if configured correctly, just touch a sinkhole to traverse to the Caves shard.

5 hours ago, Daniel86268 said:

You can't directly connect to the Caves shard, since it's connected to the Master shard, and all it's connectivity stuff is handled by the Master shard as well.

Just connect to the master shard, and, if configured correctly, just touch a sinkhole to traverse to the Caves shard

You are right. But the reason I want to connect directly is that it reduces the lag significantly. But connecting directly to Master and then traversing though sinkholes to access caves won't be considered direct, thus not reducing the ping. (250 ping without direct connect, 50 ping with direct connect)

I'm surprised that your ping jumps up that much, as the Master server should only negotiate out the connection itself, but afterwards directly connect the client to the caves shard.

My first Idea would be, that your caves are actually suffering from some other problem, such as too many items on the ground, lower priority running on the host or some firewall somehow interfering with the caves shard port. Some of which might be the cause for the vastly increased latency.

7 hours ago, Daniel86268 said:

I'm surprised that your ping jumps up that much, as the Master server should only negotiate out the connection itself, but afterwards directly connect the client to the caves shard.

My first Idea would be, that your caves are actually suffering from some other problem, such as too many items on the ground, lower priority running on the host or some firewall somehow interfering with the caves shard port. Some of which might be the cause for the vastly increased latency.

I tested it with one of my friends and it turns out they are fine and it is only me suffering from significant lag. I guess it is due to using Mobile data which has a strict NAT type.

Archived