Wortox ability idea

Just putting an idea on “paper” here

Basically its the concept of soul storage but im gonna try to flesh it out. 

It doesnt necessarily require this first part but i like it conceptually:

Jar lid: 1x wax 1x log

keeps the inside in and the outsides out

combine with a jar to make a sealed jar

Then as wortox you “socket” your souls  into the jar, it takes all of your souls up to 10 and stores them. It doesnt tell you how many is in the jar when in your inventory, so i reccomend always putting 10 in if possible.

when you open the jar as wortox it releases the souls like a mob just died, meaning that if you have too many souls in the jar you’ll be overfilled 

if you open the jar as any other survivor it heals for 8 health per soul jarred 

the souls “spoil” and turn back into a sealed jar after 10 days, but can be wrapped, the souls can not be fed to restore spoilage

a sealed jar can also be opened to return a normal bottle

Any method of opening it returns the jar and a jar lid, which stacks up to 5

the intention is to provide a more reasonable alternative to catching butterflies or bees, which is more tedius than anything, while still giving it some downsides but also some interesting possible uses like overfilling yourself on purpose

In general I would like to see pearls jars have more uses beyond what they’re used for in the game right now

Storing souls is a good start I guess but I’d really love to be able to put foods like a fistful of jam over into them and store them in a fridge for much prolonged perish time.

Jam is normally stored in a glass serving jar in real life so it just makes sense.

If souls could be stored in these jars they shouldn’t perish because souls in his inventory don’t perish either, however… Wortox’s whole “gimmick” is if he holds me than 20 souls he is seen as Greedy.

I don’t know what the souls limit would have to be on these Jars.. 5.. maybe 10 but when you have an inventory full of filled souls jars you have 60+ Soul Hops at your immediate disposal & it just feels a bit excessive.

I think Wortox is mostly fine as is, But id have to see it in a mod or beta branch to know for sure if it’s as broken as it sounds on paper.

Archived