Maxwell should also spawn nightmares when reading books at 0 sanity + take Codex Umbra out of Bookcase or change Wicker’s quote.

Its unfair if Maxwell doesnt receive the same downside on casting books for free at 0 sanity. 

After this most recent Wortox Refresh Beta patch, Wickerbottom is still repulsed by the Codex Umbra. 

This is her examination quote for it for those who dont know : “I’m not letting THAT in MY library!” 

The change to include the Codex Umbra in Wickerbottom’s Bookcase introduced a huge contradiction and is a disservice to Wickerbottom as a character. The people who were quick to make the suggestion to include it must have not been aware of her opinion on the Codex. 

It should be reverted or the quote needs to change to indicate some kind of progression between the two characters, to believably justify Wickerbottom’s change of mind. I personally would prefer the former. 

One or the other needs to happen, the current situation feels hastily modded. 

Yeah... I don't mind that Maxwell can read Wicker's books, but being able to do it while ignoring part of her downside seems pretty unfair.

As for letting Codex Umbra in the bookcase, I don't have a strong opinion one way or the other because it doesn't affect gameplay, but I found it odd that it was added in the first place seeing as it doesn't benefit from the bookcase's effect (it would be like adding mandrakes to an ice box).

2 hours ago, Arcwell said:

I found it odd that it was added in the first place seeing as it doesn't benefit from the bookcase's effect (it would be like adding mandrakes to an ice box).

Same. its just cuz the codex is also a book so people wanted it in the bookcase :roll: unaware how wickerbottom literally has a quote expressing how she definitely would not want/allow that lol 

Archived