Not sure where to put this, but please help! (Resolved)

Recently, the wifi went out in my area, and when it came back, Don't Starve Together would open and sign in, and I could host my own worlds that others could join, and even run mods! But the one think I couldn't do on my home wi-fi was join other people (EDIT: it could technically but it would never finish the connecting phase, even after many hours). I laterĀ used my grandparents wifi (who use the same ISP as me) and it worked just fine. Resolution: Reset your wifi. If you cannot do this, use a different network until you can.

Sounds like a general networking issue to me, rather than a game related issue.

Does your internet work at all atm? (browsing the internet and whatnot)
Make sure your OS only uses the new Wifi connection. Sometimes it happens that the old Wifi connection still persists, even though it's not connected.
You can try connecting to a server manually by entering this into the console of your main menu:

c_connect("IP address", port, "password")

It might tell you the problem that is has to connect.

On 7/20/2022 at 1:40 AM, Daniel86268 said:

Sounds like a general networking issue to me, rather than a game related issue.

Does your internet work at all atm? (browsing the internet and whatnot)
Make sure your OS only uses the new Wifi connection. Sometimes it happens that the old Wifi connection still persists, even though it's not connected.
You can try connecting to a server manually by entering this into the console of your main menu:

c_connect("IP address", port, "password")

It might tell you the problem that is has to connect.

Thanks for the advice, I'll try it out in a moment. My internet works for other things though.
Edit: Thanks for the advice, but the command didn't seem to change anything. (change anything was changed from work)
Edit 2: Problem resolved, I just had to reset my wifi, thanks for the advice though.

Archived