Jump to content

merms shouldn't attack chester


Recommended Posts

....So, as a Wurt player... It's kinda annoying whenever the merms attack chester. I can't always be in the swamp, or always have the king in the swamp, feeding the king is quite time intensive as well, and early game I do not have access to the king... And the merms are my friends regardless of whether there is a king or not, and exist around and inside my base... but they like to MURDER chester for no reason! I know that the merms are meant to be territorial and aggressive, however, I wish I didn't have to worry about them killing chester whenever I put down the eye bone, jumping onto a boat JUST TO KILL CHESTER, or chasing us after I pick up the eye bone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

yeah i think NO MOBS should attack CHESTER or HUTCH. atleast the ones that are either friendly to the  player. it makes sense WILD ones would but in wurt or webbers case its total BS that ALLIED MOBS keep killing my pet mimic.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Unpopular Opinion: But I bought the DS/DST games ORIGINALLY because they were a franchise that does not hold the players hand and guide them all the way through.

I want to stress that as a point, because… after you let chester get killed once or twice you should learn your lesson and know to drop the Eyebone somewhere else so you don’t watch him get absolutely wrecked.

Now- Another thing to note is that these mobs (or at least Wurts Merms) Only Attack Chester when you do not have the Eyebone in your Inventory.  There is a possibility that one of Klei’s updates broke this function: but when Wurt first came out I am pretty certain Merms would not attack Chester as long as she was carrying the Eyebone.

However: Just like with Wendy’s find lost stuff for Pipspook mini game- Newer updates could have broken the intended function.

fingers crossed they find a fix for the Pipspooks mini-game soon. :( 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Troublesome allies are troublesome.

Yeah, it's one thing for your typical spiders and merms to go after Chester just like most anything else, but it doesn't strike me as adding anything meaningful to the game to forbid Wurt and Webber players from having Chester in the company of their minions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/31/2022 at 4:45 PM, Mike23Ua said:

Unpopular Opinion: But I bought the DS/DST games ORIGINALLY because they were a franchise that does not hold the players hand and guide them all the way through.

I want to stress that as a point, because… after you let chester get killed once or twice you should learn your lesson and know to drop the Eyebone somewhere else so you don’t watch him get absolutely wrecked.

Now- Another thing to note is that these mobs (or at least Wurts Merms) Only Attack Chester when you do not have the Eyebone in your Inventory.  There is a possibility that one of Klei’s updates broke this function: but when Wurt first came out I am pretty certain Merms would not attack Chester as long as she was carrying the Eyebone.

However: Just like with Wendy’s find lost stuff for Pipspook mini game- Newer updates could have broken the intended function.

fingers crossed they find a fix for the Pipspooks mini-game soon. :( 

looooooooook, I have merms IN MY BASE, they don't need to be attacking Chester when I leave him at home? nobody needs that, the only other "solution" is to leave him far away from base and half forget he exists, and still fear that the merms will find him somehow. It has nothing to do with hand holding at all, it has to do with playing a particular character whose followers are problematic. Wurt players benefit from basing in the swamp, basing near their king, ect. They shouldn't need to worry about merms killing Chester while they are away if the king dies. Can Abigail attack Chester? No, she cannot, so why should followers like merms or spiders be causing problems? at least Abigail can go back in her flower, what do you do if merms or spiders attack Chester? Go to war? at least Webber has items to deagro spiders, Wurt doesn't have that, just a bunch of merms that attack everyone if her king dies, and are a big problem, and even if she picks up the eyebone, the merms will continue to act aggressively towards Chester.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/31/2022 at 4:45 PM, Mike23Ua said:

I want to stress that as a point, because… after you let chester get killed once or twice you should learn your lesson and know to drop the Eyebone somewhere else so you don’t watch him get absolutely wrecked.

This is also worth mentioning.... what do you mean, "learn my lesson?" there is no winning here, there is no "lesson" here. The point of Chester is to be used, while exploring... and he can't be used with allied merms, unless a king is alive, period. I hired these merms to help out if I get attacked by pirates, instead they start trying to kill Chester the moment I load up the world, this IS a problem... anytime I dc, I lose the eyebone... Don't belittle me because of you ignorance

Screenshot (176).png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Jinjetica said:

This is also worth mentioning.... what do you mean, "learn my lesson?" there is no winning here, there is no "lesson" here. The point of Chester is to be used, while exploring... and he can't be used with allied merms, unless a king is alive, period. I hired these merms to help out if I get attacked by pirates, instead they start trying to kill Chester the moment I load up the world, this IS a problem... anytime I dc, I lose the eyebone... Don't belittle me because of you ignorance

Screenshot (176).png

Personally I actually deeply enjoy that all characters don’t play exactly the same way, and I see this as bringing a unique playstyle to Wurt, Wurts “Chester” is the Underground StarSky- not only is it a storage box, but it also doubles down as a “Pet Fish” that never spoils to help her sanity.

The only Downside to StarSky is that it can’t be brought above ground, BUT.. Merms won’t attack it so atleast there’s that.

I don’t know about you but I buy new characters to play the game in a different and unique way- and Wurt currently accomplishes that, but the more she feels just like playing everyone else, the less unique her personality becomes.

Its like playing Wanda to enjoy the constant damage over time health bleed out- then updating the game so Wanda can restore health by every other normal boring means of eating food, healing items, and tent rest.

What your effectively asking for here is to remove one of the downsides of Wurt that SHOULD force you to play in a more unique way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

What your effectively asking for here is to remove one of the downsides of Wurt that SHOULD force you to play in a more unique way.

so then my "unique playstyle" is... not using Chester? that's dumb. playing as wurt and not being able to make my base the way I want because I fear what the merms will do to my things... isn't a unique way of playing.... Moving chester to random places isn't unique, it's annoying, not being able to dc with chester and followers, annoying. Wurt already has other downsides, ya know like being unable to eat meat, or being unable to trade with the pig king, having pigs insta- attack her because she is a monster, or that all of her builds take at least a year to set up and become useful, or that she is very swamp centric, and the only way to break her away from that is to use cattails, or that in order to maintain her buff on her stats she has to feed a bottomless pit of a king, so she has to think about more than just herself when considering what food sources she needs... and all of this is on top of the often annoying ai of the merms, who want to kill Chester for no reason. If you want to talk about characters being boring because their downside isn't intense enough, you're looking in the wrong place.

 

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Its like playing Wanda to enjoy the constant damage over time health bleed out- then updating the game so Wanda can restore health by every other normal boring means of eating food, healing items, and tent rest.

looooooooooool, nobody is talking about this at all, that is a core mechanic of Wanda, merms attacking Chester is nowhere near the same level

 

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Wurts “Chester” is the Underground StarSky- not only is it a storage box, but it also doubles down as a “Pet Fish” that never spoils to help her sanity.

so Wurt is banned from Chester? You just hate me don't you T_T You want me to suffer. Everyone can use the starsky, and it can't raise Wurt's sanity in the caves, the sanity gain is too weak to negate the sanity drain, she would need some other form of sanity regeneration. Beyond that, Hutch and Chester are not synonymous, they do different things, and are restricted to caves/surface. Hutch is not Wurt's "Chester", Hutch is Hutch and Chester is Chester, and they are meant for everyone.

3 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

The only Downside to StarSky is that it can’t be brought above ground, BUT.. Merms won’t attack it so atleast there’s that.

this isn't even true... merms will attack Hutch as well

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
  • Create New...