Cave based resources feels kind of "stiff"

With the new update out now we got new resources like transplantable reeds and transplantable bananas that even grows on winter. This got me to think that a lot of surface resources are very flexible in terms of what you can do with them be it moving them or growing them yourselves. I can't say the same thing with the cave reasorces, I feel like a lot of the stuff are stuck to one place with your only option of interaction is to pick or destroy it. Like wouldn't it be cool to grow your own mushtrees, move lichen around, move lightbulb plants around as decor lighting, and even get banana tree saplings from banana trees? I feel like this would make caves alot more interesting to design base around complementary to your surface one. If this seems a bit OP we can restrict cave reasorces to the caves and have the plants wilt if planted in the surface. I feel like overall the caves needs a huge glowup but that's another thread topic.

1 hour ago, Psychic Chicken said:

I like this idea, but imo cave banana trees should stay how they are to keep banana bushes useful.

Ehh, i'd argue the monkey island is probably easier to deal with than the ruins is. If you go to the monkey island in winter you won't face any resistance and can grab all the banana bushes you want. Even if they allowed you to dig up banana trees, they'd be a lot more difficult to get thanks to the constant threat of splumonkies, especially if a mechanic was added to have splumonkies aggro on any player trying to steal a banana tree.

Archived